Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get odds on this political event ?

Options
  • 16-04-2017 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone giving odds on North Korea being hit by an air strike or invaded etc ? I'd fancy a punt on this since it seems that war is almost a permanent part of the world these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Is there anyone giving odds on North Korea being hit by an air strike or invaded etc ? I'd fancy a punt on this since it seems that war is almost a permanent part of the world these days.

Probably a bit too grim of an event for a bookie to price. Paddy power would be the best chance of getting a bet on but even then I'd be doubtful. As controversial as they are (offering a market on Pistorious court case) I couldn't see even them giving a market on war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

If it's a US-led UN invasion (ideally with backing from SK, Jap, Chi and maybe even Rus) then this could be your ticket:
    'Trump to visit North Korea during his first term in office' @26
    But even then, he'd most likely have to wait for the more regional leaders to make their mark first.

If your desired market becomes listed, then this other novelty one may be of value:
    DT to Sue P'Power @51 (depending on how tasteful such an ad campaign would be).

There is only a couple of quick and easy solution to that place:
    a) coup d'état.
    b) staged alien invasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Thanks for the responses.

I suppose America invading other countries is rather a predictable event at this stage. North Korea might be the most moral one they've done in a long time considering the people are living basically in a gigantic concentration camp. If theres a way to bet on them being freed somehow or on a change of regime even to a Chinese puppet (the Chinese are so much better off than the N-Koreans) I'd be definitely interested.

Advertisement