Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Corrib Village via bus?

Options
  • 16-04-2017 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I have to go to Corrib Village on Wednesday and now that the buses are back in action and was wondering which one to get from Eyre Square? Tried looking online but couldn't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

404 or 405 BE, just double check your stops, afak, 404 drives passed the village and its only a short walk back and across the road.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bredabe wrote: »
    404 or 405 BE, just double check your stops, afak, 404 drives passed the village and its only a short walk back and across the road.

404 Newcastle or 405 Rahoon to be pedantic ....

Tis confusing that the numbers go in two directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

404 is your best option
    taking the 405 you will still have a 10 minute trek by foot, however the frequency on the bus is a lot greater than that 404.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Thanks everyone, I might possibly be driving there so in that case does anyone know what route to follow? I wouldn't be familiar with NUIG side at all. Is Corrib Village close to the university hospital by any chance? I did see some written instructions online on how get there by driving but it only mentioned names of roads which I wouldn't be very familiar with. I have an interview there so don't want to be running late for it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I might possibly be driving there so in that case does anyone know what route to follow? I wouldn't be familiar with NUIG side at all. Is Corrib Village close to the university hospital by any chance? I did see some written instructions online on how get there by driving but it only mentioned names of roads which I wouldn't be very familiar with. I have an interview there so don't want to be running late for it! :p

Try Google Maps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

404 Newcastle or 405 Rahoon to be pedantic ....

Tis confusing that the numbers go in two directions.

I learned that the hardway on Dublin bus when I ended up on the bus in my own with the driver and wondering why he had pulled in and turned off the bus! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

seklly wrote: »
    Try Google Maps
    Drive straight past the lights at UCHG, on your right is part of the NUIG, through all the light, when you come to the bridge, keep straight, on your right is st francis house/home for the elderly, keep straight and you will see the technology/science part of NUIG, corrib village is the turn right after that, if you get to the westwood hotel/business park, you've passed it. Its not hard to find once you get there once(like a lot of things).

If you are coming out of town to the hospital turn at the hospital lights it's a right turn and the road is the same after that.

Good luck!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement