Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC 4320 outputs

Options
  • 16-04-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have recently installed a SPC system and I have everything programmed and I am connected via SPC connect.

The one thing I can't seem to get is the ability to view and alter my outputs via the app. I have two of them controlling my heating and my immersion.

I can toggle them and they work perfectly when I connect via the browser. I just can't see them in the app.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

Create a mapping gate for each output & map to that output.
    You will now also be able to create triggers & calendars to trigger or switch off any of those outputs based on any alarm event(s) or time/dates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Thewitheredowl

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi

Create a mapping gate for each output & map to that output.
    You will now also be able to create triggers & calendars to trigger or switch off any of those outputs based on any alarm event(s) or time/dates etc.

Thanks KoolKid. When you say create mapping gate, I'm not sure how to do that. I have both these outputs set up as system outputs and in attributes I have them set as latch.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm away from the pc at the moment so I can't put together a step by step guide.
    When you log in on the browser as engineer goto configuration, advanced and add mapping gate. It's all very straightforward from there.
    I'll try get something more precise up later.

I'm away from the pc at the moment so I can't put together a step by step guide.
    When you log in on the browser as engineer goto configuration, advanced and add mapping gate. It's all very straightforward from there.
    I'll try get something more precise up later.

Thanks for that. Was able to get it going from your instruction, great level of customisation possible for the outputs. Really good system

There is more options than any other system out there. Play around with the triggers and calanders, almost anything is possible.

• Advertisement

There is more options than any other system out there. Play around with the triggers and calanders, almost anything is possible.

Tell me if this is possible :D

So this is a second home where it is not occupied with any regular calendar period. So for one output I'd like to control the immersion heater. I want hot water for morning showers only on the mornings I'm there obviously.

So ideally between 05:30 - 06:30 on those mornings. Now I know the alarm can only know I'm there if I tell it I'm there, so basically how do I do that?

Also if I set a bunch of conditions/calendars for this output, can these be over-ridden by me toggling this output via the app. This would be cool as I could then give the Immersion a boost anytime I like regardless of the restrictions that I've set up.

You could use a trigger that the calander conditions must be met along with system being part set or disarmed so it knows someone is home.
    The on off from the app will override any cause and effect.

You could use a trigger that the calander conditions must be met along with system being part set or disarmed so it knows someone is home.
    The on off from the app will override any cause and effect.

Very good. So just make sure anybody that sets the alarm at night uses part set as opposed to full set. There should be a few scraps in the house about this one :D but glad it can be done

Thanks again KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If you've the app set up as well, you should be able to configure a mapping gate so you can boost the immersion remotely for a period of time, say an hour. Really handy for before you arrive or need additional hot water during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

KoolKid wrote:

I'd agree that it's the best of the popular systems but I've seen some very capable (more capable) units since being exposed to same on the iot forum. Particularly from systems used by Wexfordman2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Also if I set a bunch of conditions/calendars for this output, can these be over-ridden by me toggling this output via the app. This would be cool as I could then give the Immersion a boost anytime I like regardless of the restrictions that I've set up.

What electrical switching method are you using ?

Stoner wrote: »
    What electrical switching method are you using ?

Hi, I've got the 12VDC outputs from the alarm panel energising 6A relays. One for the heating switched live which is connected in parallel with the switched live at the heating timeclock. For the immersion heater the relay controls the coil of a 20A contacter which in turn controls the supply feeding the immersion switch.

All this was do-able in and around the fuse board area so was handy enough to get cables from A to B as the alarm panel is in that area too

Advertisement