Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downsizing & looking to swap across counties?

Options
  • 16-04-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Okay I have a few questions if anyone can help me?

My parents have a very large 4 bedroom council house in Dublin. They would love to downsize and move to Wicklow to be near family. I know they will have to find someone to swap with them but do you know if you can swap from a 4 bed to a 2 bed or do you need a 3 way swap?

Also if they contacted their own council do you think they would help them find somewhere? They don't want to contact the council as they are worried they will be pressured into giving up the bigger house for a smaller house in an area they don't want. They are very elderly so don't want to move unless it's near family.

Could Dublin county council help find them a suitable house/apt in Wicklow County or could they be housed in special elderly housing schemes in Wicklow?

If they approach the council will they be pressured into giving the house up?

Advertisement