Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Unlocking Instructions

Options
  • 16-04-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi, Just being extra cautious that pictures/contacts are saveed when I unlock Iphone.

Below is the instructions I have received to unlock my Iphone ...

Please follow the below mentioned instructions for unlocking your iPhone.

iPhone Unlocking Instructions:

1. Connect the I-phone to I-Tunes.
    2. From the Devices Menu on the left hand side of the I-Tunes screen, right click on the I-phone and select Back Up.
    3. Once the Back Up has completed click the Restore button, from within the Version section on the I-phone summary tab.

4. When the Restore has completed, a message advising the I-phone has been unlocked will appear.
    5. Click the Continue button.
    6. Tick the Restore from the backup of: tick box and select your I-phone from the drop down list.
    7. Click the Continue button.
    8. Your I-phone is now unlocked and has been restored; however, you will need to Sync the I-phone with I-Tunes to re add all your media to the I-phone.

In relation to to #2 does this mean all my pictures and contacts will be saved as a back up and will be still on my iphone after I click "restore" on #3 and it is unlocked. if this is the case and I continue to #8 how do you sync he I-phone with I-Tunes to re add all your media to the I-phone.
    ?

Am I'm better just going into my current provider

thanks for any replies:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mobile Phone forum might help better - but if its any use to you - I unlocked a UK IPhone to Ireland couple weeks ago - and I didn't need do all that Backup and Restore.

After I received the message to say the uk had freed the phone - I just connected it to a laptop with ITunes on it and it said it was now unlocked.... Everything is working fine.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Thanks for that.
    ozmo wrote: »
    Mobile Phone forum might help better - but if its any use to you - I unlocked a UK IPhone to Ireland couple weeks ago - and I didn't need do all that Backup and Restore.

After I received the message to say the uk had freed the phone - I just connected it to a laptop with ITunes on it and it said it was now unlocked.... Everything is working fine.

Advertisement