Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrified of failing Leaving Cert ordinary level maths!

Options
  • 16-04-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm terrible at maths! If I don't pass this I can't go to college” Which topics should I be focusing on most to pass? I got 30% in the mock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I'm terrible at maths! If I don't pass this I can't go to college†Which topics should I be focusing on most to pass? I got 30% in the mock

Well they can all come up. Practice exam questions would be my shout. Use your books to help as wel as you tube videos. Every extra resource you can use studying is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I'm terrible at maths! If I don't pass this I can't go to college” Which topics should I be focusing on most to pass? I got 30% in the mock

In my experience as a Maths teacher, I would say you have a good chance of passing the real exam if you got 30% in the Mocks. This is assuming you probably didn't have the full course finished and you probably didn't have a lot of exam practice questions done before you sat your mock.

Has your teacher said what his/her plan is for the next 6 weeks ? I imagine you will be doing plenty of revision and by the time the real exam comes around you will probably feel more confident. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

If I don't pass this I can't go to college

What do you want to do in college? Many courses, including NUI courses, do not require a pass in Maths. To put your mind at ease, you should try and find a course that interests you that does not require a pass in Maths and put it on your CAO.

Having said that, you can definitely go from 30% to a pass.

Look at the marking scheme on examinations.ie and be aware of the fact that attempt marks can sometimes be easily gained. It should be your goal to attempt every part of every question. Best of luck :)

Advertisement