Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling - fees/charges that may be hidden?

Options
  • 16-04-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I am currently about to start the process of selling my property, which I've owned for under 2 years. I am just wondering, is there any fees/charges that I may have not factored in other than the below:

.Solicitor professional fee €1,250 approx
    .Apartment management company fees
    .Irish Water bills up to date
    .Property Tax for the year
    .Land Registry/Deeds/Title/Folio/Commissioner fees

I also have a question about paying back my mortgage as part of the sale. If I'm selling for say 200k and I owe 100k on the mortgage but its a variable loan, what would be the redemption fee because I'm paying it back early?

Basically I'm trying to figure out how much I will have left after everything is paid up, I'm hoping that I am not forgetting about any fees/ taxes or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭custom_build

Having just done similar recently, there were no fees for paying off the mortgage early. This is the benefit of a variable rate.
    The only thing you are missing are the auctioneer fees which I'm sure you are aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Having just done similar recently, there were no fees for paying off the mortgage early. This is the benefit of a variable rate.
    The only thing you are missing are the auctioneer fees which I'm sure you are aware of.

Thanks!

There are no auctioneer/estate agent fees as I am selling this myself with no estate agents involved.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

There might be a fee for the bank to release the deeds c. 50e or thereabouts I think. Your bank will confirm.

Also, usually the property tax and management fees will be apportioned between you and the buyer. So if youve paid a years worth of management fees but sell half way through, the purhaser should pay you half of the fees back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Management companies also tend to charge a few hundred euro for the documentation to facilitate a sale. This is legally required but is quite time consuming to prepare I've been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Advertisement fees I would imagine for the place !

• Advertisement

CGT if it's not the principal private residence?

You don't have to pay Irish Water bills to sell the house, they don't attach to the property.

There are no Land Registry fees on a sale.

Advertisement