Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching jobs in UAE

Options
  • 16-04-2017 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Quick question I have been applying for so many jobs and little response really. The recruiters are giving me all the positive talk great cv plenty of experience over 11 years with leadership and management course under my belt but nothing is coming my way had one interview in Jan and that is it. Slightly worried now as have put in for a career break now and can't retract it at this point. If anyone has any similar experiences etc id appreciate the feedback or opinions. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

Hi,

I have a similar experience where I left it late to apply for international jobs last year. However, for a number of reasons, I wasn't eager to go teaching in UAE or Middle East in general. I had a profile on the searchassociates website. There were jobs on there for many areas around the world and I had about 5 interviews from the middle of April to the end of May (2 were in the Middle East). I was eventually offered two jobs in China and accepted one of them. I have similar experience to you and Leadership and Management course as well.

I don't think there is any need for you to panic just yet. When I arrived in China, I was still getting emails from other websites that I had signed up to (such as teachaway) looking for teachers in UAE and other areas.

I hope this is in some way helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maqui

Anybody know good recruitment agencies

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

I work internationally but in a private tutoring capacity but when I was researching international schools I found this website helpful to form a picture of what certain schools were like and the forums will probably be able to offer constructive advice... (I think it's about 20 quid to join but it's worth it)

https://www.internationalschoolsreview.com/

Good luck.

Advertisement