Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleting sub accounts?

Options
  • 17-04-2017 7:49am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Problem popped up on my PS4 in the last few days

I found I was forced to change my PS password, twice, and no explanation why.
    Did a little digging and found I was the proud owner of a number of sub accounts, four to be precise, presumably giving them access to my games library!

I get the impression I have to contact Sony directly, as there seems no other way to delete sub accounts from my master account.

Unless someone here knows different

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Did a little digging and found I was the proud owner of a number of sub accounts, four to be precise, presumably giving them access to my games library!

I get the impression I have to contact Sony directly, as there seems no other way to delete sub accounts from my master account.

Settings > Users > Delete user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Turn on two step verification as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I set up a separate ps account for my kid on the ps4.

I didn't know about sub accounts at the time. Is there an advantage to using a sub account versus setting up a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I set up a separate ps account for my kid on the ps4.

I didn't know about sub accounts at the time. Is there an advantage to using a sub account versus setting up a new account?

No

Keep it as is, the amount of hassle I had with sub accounts and kids isn't worth it

I just let them have an 18s account and monitored what they do on it...

@Ciderman - set up 2 step verification​ pronto

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Damn.......How did you know there was 4 of them? I'm worried now because every so often I get a notification in the corner telling me the game I'm playing will close in 15 minutes due too some licences problem or something and I've tried re newing the license in the setting but it never gets rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Damn.......How did you know there was 4 of them? I'm worried now because every so often I get a notification in the corner telling me the game I'm playing will close in 15 minutes due too some licences problem or something and I've tried re newing the license in the setting but it never gets rid of it.

Is your PS4 set as the primary console?

If not, log into​ PlayStation on a PC, see if any odd PS4s are set as primary and remove them, then go to your PS4 and set it as primary

Then add 2 step verification to the account

Advertisement