Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Fishing West, Corrib, Mask Conn.

• 17-04-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Stuck up this thread so a few on here can share info on the Western Lakes.
    General stuff such as fly hatches etc.
    To kick off I will give a fishing report next week end after i spend the week end on Mask.
    So far have heard duck fly is up on Corrib, possibly finished. Fishing is ok, and I have heard Mask is fishing well again.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Don't fish any of them lakes to be honest.. I herd the duck fly is up in corrib.
    a good thread if people post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Duckfly was up 4 weeks ago on Corrib, pretty much finished now. Olives and a few early mayfly up now but fishing has been tough the last week. Mask fishing much better at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

April flies dying of death everywhere - everyone is on olives up and down the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

Mayfly hatches starting to get going on Corrib, around the Oughterard area at least. Slack winds making dapping a little more challenging. Still some Olives and plenty of Murrock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Hi folks, sorry forgot to post a reply on week end on corrib... lol, blanked hard,. massive olive hatches but i had no idea what was going on? tried buzzers, dry olives, no good. flat calm. heard mayfly are hatching across country any updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mattcullen

Fished last Friday out of Greenfields. Just one small fish to the boat on grey wulff. Was flat calm till about 5pm. Nothing on buzzers. head of a few fish got over over the weekend. Maybe the change in weather will freshen things up?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

thanks for report matt, any fish rising? i found buzzers useless as well.

fishing cullin next week will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mattcullen

thanks for report matt, any fish rising? i found buzzers useless as well.

fishing cullin next week will report back

No bother, yeah there were fish rising here or there even when it was very calm, but generally out of casting range. I think we probably had 2 rises to our flies each all day. We connected with two but only landed one small one. The boatman I fished with told me they had 4 fish the next day. Have heard mixed reports over the last week so not sure how it's fishing now. Hope to get up again next week for a day. Good luck on cullin.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

Hearing very mixed reports on the western side of Corrib at the moment. Mayfly hatches seem to be quite patchy and as a result anglers are reporting catching quite a few smaller fish but the larger ones are still proving elusive.

Have blanked myself over the weekend casting wet flies and dapping mayfly.

Advertisement