Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home after 7 years teaching in the UK

Options
  • 17-04-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am presently working in London as a Spanish and French teacher. I would really love to come home and try to work here. My issue is that I did my teacher training in the UK and I am unsure of how exactly to go about applying for jobs etc. Anyone have any information regarding this? Has anyone manages to do it successfully ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You need to be teaching council registered for sec level (contact them and expect a wait) and you must hold garda vetting disclosure. These are must haves and you wont even be looked at without them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Hi there. I think you will have it a lot easier than me registering post qualification. I'm moving to the UK to become a language teacher and have the £25k bursary, better opportunities

As you have a PGCE prior to 2014, you would only need to have that. The only thing is some teacher training are specifically 11-16 in the UK, like Edge Hill. This is apparently something that can cause issue from researching Teacher Training with Irish teacher trainees in the UK.

http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/en/Publications/Registration/Documents/Application-PPQA-01-form.pdf

The link above is the application. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mirikel

Thanks so much sorry for not getting back to you only saw your message now

Advertisement