Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are Lecturing jobs advertised?

Options
  • 17-04-2017 11:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking to get a job lecturing in electrical engineering or similar, preferably with an IT. Where do these jobs be advertised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

DIT advertise on their website and public jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

For full time positions (i.e. daytime, not necessarily full hours), around now is the time. Keep an eye on the respective websites and the newspapers on Thursday/Friday. I find PublicJobs.ie a bit lagging - the jobs are usually advertised there much later than in the above media.

Also, look into the salary - if you are new, you will start at 35,000 Euro. That's assuming you get full hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DilemmaDan

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    For full time positions (i.e. daytime, not necessarily full hours), around now is the time. Keep an eye on the respective websites and the newspapers on Thursday/Friday. I find PublicJobs.ie a bit lagging - the jobs are usually advertised there much later than in the above media.

Also, look into the salary - if you are new, you will start at 35,000 Euro. That's assuming you get full hours.

Up to 36,743 from this month onwards. Scales can be found here for ITs: http://www.tui.ie/welcome-to-our-website/third-level-salary-scales-.2167.html

I'd recommend checking each Institute website once a week as many jobs are only posted for 2 weeks and as mentioned by Tom public jobs doesn't always get updated regularly (I've also noticed some posts not going up on public jobs).

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

jobs.ac.uk is a good one too

• Advertisement
Advertisement