Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best coach option from Limerick to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 17-04-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's the best option for getting a coach from Limerick City to Dublin Airport, please? Travelling in June.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

http://www.eireagle.com/routes/limerick-dublin-airport

Takes you non-stop and direct to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

Eir eagle every time changing buses in the red cow with the green bus really sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Eire Eagle is more spacious also and no stop at all on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Realbhoy

I got the eir eagle bus from Dublin airport very recently and it was absolutely spot on. Just under 2 1/2 hours. Very comfortable journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Eireagle is an excellent service and I would recommend it. Competitive price also, which helps.

Only issue with me (as I am lazy) is you have to book it. I would prefer the green bus (which runs every half hour) and change at Red Cow. You have to walk, what, 10metres, and wait, what, 10minutes max. No problem. But yeah, hauling the bags out of the bus and into the other can be a pain, but sometimes the driver will assist.

Drop off point is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Hooked

My wife swears by Eireagle. Non stop, toilets and water on board apparently. The green bus (Dublin coach) requires a change at the red cow I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It also depends on your departure/return times.
    Sometimes the Green Bus Timetable works out better, especially if you are coming back late at night.
    Other than that Eireagle would be my 1st choice.
    Same Price (for a return ticket), no changing at the Red Cow (sometimes the Bus coming from Dublin city Centre is fairly full and you are not guaranteed a Seat), Eireagle buses are usually newer and more comfortable, and I've used the Green Bus 3 times to travel to Dublin....on 2 occasions they broke down on the way out of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Where is the Eireagle bus depart/arrive point in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Hooked

iora_rua wrote: »
    Where is the Eireagle bus depart/arrive point in Limerick?

The hurlers and further up in Annacotty (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Arthur's quay and hurlers

http://www.eireagle.com/timetables

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

If the timings suit go with eireagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭Comhrá

phog wrote: »
    If the timings suit go with eireagle.

They have a dep from Dub Airport at 23.59 the night I fly home, landing at 22.50 so I should be good with Eireagle. They seem to get the best recommendation.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

^^^^^^

Lovely hurling. Go with those guys. It's a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Sorry to bump an old thread....

Looking at eireagle also to DUB.
    Any idea where would be a good place to park for 3 days near the hurlers where i wont get clamped.
    Getting the friday 01.30am to dub and returning at 12.30am Sunday Night/Monday morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Park in the hurlers..

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Park in the hurlers..

I noticed the car park is quite small so was thinking the Kilmurry Lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

pajoguy wrote:
    I noticed the car park is quite small so was thinking the Kilmurry Lodge.

True, it's quite small there and also it is fairly open. The Lodge is a bit more secluded so your car might be safer there. Although I've left my car in the Hurlers and never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am looking for direct non-stop journey from Dublin airport to Limerick City.

Is it still EirEagle?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rdhma

• Advertisement

Any other more frequently run direct bus service please?

I see green bus needs a change at red cow.

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Honestly, get the eireagle. Last time I missed it by 10 mins I went for the green bus, ended up spending 90min stuck at the red cow, could have hung out at the airport instead and been home sooner on the eireagle.

Booked eireagle. I prefer the non-stop route. Many thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We regularly get the eireagle, it is good

Advertisement