Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed or plant?

Options
  • 17-04-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I'm weeding a much neglected garden bed and this
    is growing in it. Can someone ID for me...is it a weed or plant

C89B0172-1ABF-4055-A880-4272A086BC3D_zpst0qy2eoz.jpg

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

Its not a weed

Confident to say that it is an Astilbe. Will throw up either white, pink or red flowers depending on the variety. Most likely white, going by the light green of the leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

FarmersSon wrote: »
    Looks like an Astilbe to me. Will throw up either white, pink or red flowers depending on the variety.

Just looked it up and i remember planting it last yr now! Will it tolerate moving or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Weeds are plants...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

mel.b wrote: »
    Just looked it up and i remember planting it last yr now! Will it tolerate moving or not?

Yes. Just be sure to water it in well and keep it watered if we get any sort of dry spell at all. I've moved many and the only snag is that if you leave even a small part behind it will happily regrow.

Advertisement