Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engaging 4 joint auctioneers...

Options
  • 17-04-2017 1:40pm

...thinking of selling the home. The only thing is, live in a small town and know all the auctioneers...so kinda have to give it to all of them. Now know 1 or 2 won't really make the effort if it's a joint sale, so trying to think of ways to incentivise it. How would you approach it? Is there anything beyond the usual "whoever sells gets the fee"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That's madness and sounds like an inappropriate duplication of work, for which they won't thank you. Normal is 1 and rare is 2 joint - for special properties.

Pick one of the above options, explain what you are doing and ask them for quotations.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Make sure you get a service contract for multiple agencies and that the fee is covered for all of them and all possible outcomes.
    Sounds like a nightmare though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pick one. Four sounds insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Pick a number between 1 and 10 tell them to text you first one with correct number wins, if none guess it first and nearest wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Surely it can't be that small a town if there is 4 auctioneers. Madness to give it to them all anyway far better to just pick one

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies. But the problem is I work in law, so if I was to snub 2 or 3 auctioneers, it would harm the business insofar as I suspect they would point potential clients to other Solicitors if they get asked for a recommendation. Hence the dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Then the one that's physically nearest you and/or the property, or that you dealt with most recently, and use that as your justification if it comes up. Which it shouldn't, if they a d professionals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

Thanks for replies. But the problem is I work in law, so if I was to snub 2 or 3 auctioneers, it would harm the business insofar as I suspect they would point potential clients to other Solicitors if they get asked for a recommendation. Hence the dilemma.

Give the business to the auctioneer who has given you the most business. The rest can have no complaint and will know next time to send more business your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you give it jointly to all four they will all hate you.

Unless you live on Lyons Estate it is s waste of everyone's time to have a joint agent.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

EmoCourt wrote: »
    Give the business to the auctioneer who has given you the most business. The rest can have no complaint and will know next time to send more business your way.

This.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Ask your self how you would feel if a client engaged you to run a case or buy a property, but also engaged 3 other solicitors, just because he was worried how one might react.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Get the wife to handle it?

Advertisement