Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to source a second hand jailbreaked 2nd generation iPod Touch model MC008BT?

Options
  • 17-04-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Endeavouring to get my hands on a device as outlined above?

Selig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hi guys

Endeavouring to get my hands on a device as outlined above?

Selig

Will be tough to get your hands on one of those...

Might I ask why so? Maybe there is something you are looking to do and therein another way around it? certain apps or?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

flexcon wrote: »
    Will be tough to get your hands on one of those...

Might I ask why so? Maybe there is something you are looking to do and therein another way around it? certain apps or?

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Tried to upgrade it software wise but unable to install same software that will allow me install tune in radio and YouTube on my docking stereo system I've had for years.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Tried to upgrade it software wise but unable to install same software that will allow me install tune in radio and YouTube on my docking stereo system I've had for years.

ok well apple have new 5th generation models for €179

https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/product/FGG52BT/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-16gb-white-silver-5th-generation

Getting a second generation from 2008/2009 is going to be hard, and not sure if worth the price point. This 5th generation has an A5 and will run iOS 9, so it should be good to go for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

I think the issue is probably that the OP needs a 30 pin connector to work with the unit.

@seligehgit, you might find it easier to locate an iphone 4 or 4s at a decent price, and it has the same socket.
    I see several 32GB iphone 4s's on adverts.ie for around €100 .

Is the jailbreak absolutely necessary?
    Have you tried a 30pin to lightning and audio adapter to allow you use a newer, easier to find device?

niallb wrote: »
    I think the issue is probably that the OP needs a 30 pin connector to work with the unit.

@seligehgit, you might find it easier to locate an iphone 4 or 4s at a decent price, and it has the same socket.
    I see several 32GB iphone 4s's on adverts.ie for around €100 .

Is the jailbreak absolutely necessary?
    Have you tried a 30pin to lightning and audio adapter to allow you use a newer, easier to find device?

Ah yes I see that point now, well in that case they need a lightning to 30 pin adapter.

The reason for the jailbreak is those Apps are no longer supported by the developers, and iPhone 4 will almost be as good as a brick come next year I reckon as it can't go higher in OS system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yes it's simply a matter of the connector at the base of Docking System only works with the 30 pin connector. Where would I get a lightning to 30 pin adapter and a compatible second hand iPod touch?

I've no problem getting a more up to date second hand iPod touch minus the jailbreak as long as I can install tune in radio, podcast republic and YouTube which I can't now update on my jailbreaked current model.

I've a preference for a iPod touch with a compatible 30 pin connection as I'm an android fanboy... I've a HTC One.

Thanks for all your help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

I have an adapter that plugs onto a 30pin plug and turns it into a bluetooth receiver.
    For my use that was be the best direction to go in, but you might prefer touch control on the dock itself.
    There's even one on adverts at €15 - black-bluetooth-music-receiver-adapter-for-iphone-ipad-30-pin-dock-speaker-nice-gadget-gift

You can get a 30pin to lightning adapter for under €5, BUT it will only support charging.
    It'll be at least €30 or thereabouts to get one that will do audio over lightning.
    I found one that had a 3.5mm jack on it as well as the lightning which works fine for a particular model of iphone with the right gap,
    but couldn't find one online today.
    Alternatively, does it have an aux in for a chromecast or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes it's simply a matter of the connector at the base of Docking System only works with the 30 pin connector. Where would I get a lightning to 30 pin adapter and a compatible second hand iPod touch?

You can buy a 30 pin (female) to lightening (male) adapter for €35 and a 0.2m cable with the same connections for €45 from the Apple store. Those adapters allow you to connect a newer Apple device to a older docking device with a 30 pin connector. I don't believe that you can connect an old iPod Touch to a dock with a lightening connector because the adapter to make that connection doesn't exist.

I have an old G2 iPod Touch, it still works but the battery has zero capacity. It was never jailbroken but if you PM me your details I can post it to you.

Advertisement