Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock fishing life jacket

Options
  • 17-04-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

Lads could anyone recommend a fishing vest / life jacket for rock fishing?

For practicality a functional vest would be best I think and an automatically inflating one to make it easier to move in. I see from brief research online it's compulsory in some parts of Australia to wear one if fishing from rocks and as a result they have a good selection. Doesn't seem like we have the big selection this side of the world tho and most seem to be wading jackets.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

You could try www.mullion_pfd.com. they make the automatic life jackets for the commercial sector. Attended a demonstration a few months back and the head man Tony was very helpful.sure he could sort you out

These aren't cheap but could be money well spent.
    I'm considering one myself

http://www.seasafe.co.uk/shop/ct/lifejackets/pd/explorer---lifejacket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

TheTorment wrote: »
    These aren't cheap but could be money well spent.
    I'm considering one myself

http://www.seasafe.co.uk/shop/ct/lifejackets/pd/explorer---lifejacket

That looks the business. Big price but if you needed it only once it would be money well spent. Definitely an option though.

Something along those lines specifically for anglers would be ideal.

What kind of price were the ones you were looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

What kind of price were the ones you were looking at

I haven't really considered a price yet because I simply do not know what price range this come at. The one posted above is 200 sterling.

• Advertisement

The manual inflating pfd,start around 95 euro and the automatic pfd,s start around 275 euro. Also there is a nice body warmer type floatation jacket that is very easily worn. I think Guy Cotton supply These. coat type floatation jackets are ok but on a very warm day the small pfd,s are easily worn over a t shirt or sweat shirt. Mooney boats .ie will show you a good range of them with prices. They are a compulsory now for anyone working at sea so should become a lot more easily got around the country. Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭OwlEye

PROX Floating Game Vest(PX399)/BG

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links due to my low post count but Plat Japan have a sale on these at the moment. Aprox 66euros (a saving of nearly 100), expect to pay around 25euro EMS shipping. Five day delivery time .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Forget about those in the previous post. They are designed for group activities where you get immersed regularly for a minute. Bit different in a worst case senario, unconscious and alone in a rough sea. Buy the best you can afford, automatic so it will inflate for you and of sufficient newtons to keep you floating on your back with your head out of the water. It's one area you definitely don't wanna cost cut on. A very important issue is servicing and inspection. Learn how to do this yourself, so that if the need arises the jacket you're wearing will work.

Advertisement