Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Design - North Dublin

Options
  • 17-04-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, probably by PM but I'd hope to have a more general discussion in thread, could someone recommend a Garden designer/landscaper ideally linked to a decent builder. We're looking to do some significant 'renovations' back garden which may involve taking out a wall and a concrete yard.

What's more important though would be someone to do the 'creative'.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/recommendations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Potkettle

Just a suggestion but before you hire a creative sit down together and get creative yourselves! There is great advice and methods now on the net about how to get the basics right. The BBC and RHS publications were a great help to me back in the day.

At least when you meet your landscaper you'll have a few redlines for yourself. Some of them run with a generic plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Do you still need someone sam?

Try aspect garden construction located in Kilbarack industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks all, tried them as per your suggestion Hollister - I think they might be a little out of our price range but they're getting back to us.

Potkettle - we're thinking that alright - we need some significant clearing and paving done though and a second company seem to be great on the clearing front but I'm struggling to get a quote for the paving. To be fair as I can't really give them a desgin and product list. The first company wouldn't do as much clearing although they seemed to come up with a really good design, albeit a crude drawing.

The spaces we looking at are 4x5m and 7x7m does 12K seem a reasonable quote all in? With demolition of a wall and platform and clearing.

I've 'project managed' jobs like livingrooms, kitchens etc. have to say I'm finding this one a tad more challenging! Any advice most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I'm using a firm based in Rathmines so local to me but I'm sure they can travel over the river. Run by 2 brothers (late 30s), one with construction experience and the other a botanist. Seem to have done lots of work and varying budgets. They're flat out at the moment - I've got a slot in August so not likely available until Autumn. I'll pm you the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Marcusm wrote: »
    I'm using a firm based in Rathmines so local to me but I'm sure they can travel over the river. Run by 2 brothers (late 30s), one with construction experience and the other a botanist. Seem to have done lots of work and varying budgets. They're flat out at the moment - I've got a slot in August so not likely available until Autumn. I'll pm you the name.

Thanks Marcusm!

• Advertisement
Advertisement