Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering work in Canada, need a P.ENG for 2 year visa?

Options
  • 17-04-2017 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm a mechanical engineer with 7 years experience in Manufacturing moving over to Vancouver on the IEC 2 year visa. I've seen some jobs require a Canadian P.ENG certification but you need to have 1 years experience in Canada working under the supervision of someone who is certified as a P.ENG plus there are reciprocal agreements with Engineers Ireland if you're a member (which I'm not at present) and there may be a requirement to sit a number of exams and pay up to $2k to get certified. Has anybody on here gone through this process for an IEC visa or is it more for people who definitely want to stay in Canada indefinitely?
    Any advice or experience appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement