Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

RossiFan08 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on the FCP meeting yesterday?
    Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

As I understand it the submissions had to be in by the 1 June but the FCP meeting is not till July I shall try to confirm this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

grassroot1 wrote:
    As I understand it the submissions had to be in by the 1 June but the FCP meeting is not till July I shall try to confirm this

Yep just got that clarified.... 9500 paper signatures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Are they still pushing on with this rubbish even though everyone is dead against it ?

gunny123 wrote: »
    Are they still pushing on with this rubbish even though everyone is dead against it ?

Off course there is too many vested interests not to allow phase 1 to go ahead.

Phase 1: Ban Lamping and keep Deer shooters and there cronies happy.

Phase 2: Introduce safe pass style shooting assessment every three years for rifle and shotgun ran at certain ranges. (Make HCAP compulsory and only HCAP).

Phase 3: Bring in ballistic testing of all firearms in Ireland (linked to a ban on lead (ensure soundness of guns for shooting steel) and to ensure a ballistic fingerprint of all firearms) to be carried out at a certain establishment but guaranteed only one in the Country and paid for by the firearm owner.

Its not that I am Paranoid but Im around long enough to know when someone is trying to **** me over.

• Advertisement

What i was thinking was night shooting would be restricted until some brightspark devised a course that made them money and you (supposedly) safe to lamp at night. I think a mass boycott of anyone associated with this nonsense is in order.

gunny123 wrote: »
    What i was thinking was night shooting would be restricted until some brightspark devised a course that made them money and you (supposedly) safe to lamp at night. I think a mass boycott of anyone associated with this nonsense is in order.

Dont say that too loud it was muted, if I remember I was told last September
    1. Curfew between the hours of xyz
    2. Register with the Barracks and condition on license
    3. Having completed an appropriate training course.

Remember the minutes of the Sports Coalition are there for all to see:
    "There is a shared concern that firearms certificate applicants should be competent in the use of firearms."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

No matter what the outcome or the punishment, I'm going to continue shooting at night as and when I please.

This is the worst FFFFFFFFING madness that I have ever ever ever seen. It will not be obeyed by me..

BTW.
    I got on to one of the stinkers behind this horse sh1f but he wouldnt give a straight answer. He wanted me to ring him... I think I go face to face and ruin his day.

I'm not one for confrontation but this is the last straw........ The last straw.

'Cupid stunts' in the SC, do they think that they are immune to the fallout that's coming?? I spent my life out on hills with lamps but now these 'cupids' think that I shall acquiesce into the night.. Not on your nelly..

What had that individual got to say for themselves? They've gone into hiding recently, not a peep from the usual few

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

SCUTTLE BUTT and a blip on a radar screen ,so treat as such, is the person in question is getting involved in some sort of dealings with a new gun dealers group??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    SCUTTLE BUTT and a blip on a radar screen ,so treat as such, is the person in question is getting involved in some sort of dealings with a new gun dealers group??

Well that doesn't surprise me in the least. I would hope any gun dealer with sense would steer clear of him.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    There is going to be a new gun dealers group but he wont be in it.

He might be pulling strings in the background though ?

Nope, not part of it in any way. Totally independant of the SC. The gun dealers want nothing to do with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yep just got that clarified.... 9500 paper signatures.
    That is not as bad as i thought it would be considering the fact that the last petition only garnered some 1,800 signatures.
    Its not that I am Paranoid but Im around long enough to know when someone is trying to **** me over.
    It's not paranoia when some people are actually out to do harm.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wait, there's going to be a third RFD's group now?

Second or third, I dont know which but what I do know, the Irish Firearms Dealers Association, which shared acting chairman with the SC does not represent any RFD that I've been talking to. They are not wanted, therefore a meeting was called to rally support in opposition to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

IIRC, there was an RFD organisation before the SC was started, then the IFDA was set up and joined the SC immediately (which was when most of us heard of them, including a few RFDs I spoke to back then); so if this is a new body and not the original, it's a third one.

Whatever, nobody wants the IFDA with its current form and with its current leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Whatever, nobody wants the IFDA with its current form and with its current leaders

There is a new Firearms dealers Association after being set up. I believe it is made up of most of the other Firearm dealers in Ireland.. Nothing to do with the 2 members of the IFDA (or is it one member now?).:D

I believe they are called the Irish Gun Traders Association. They were formed following a meeting in Mullingar about two weeks ago. The Chairman is a RFD from Clare. A sound man.

I know they are totally opposed to the changes to the shooting regime and will be seeking representation at the FCP. They are in no way affiliated with or aligned to the SC.

As they say in all the best movies : Excrement has become tangible!!

• Advertisement

So basically it's a renaming of the existing RFD association that was not involved with the SC. Which by all reports includes some 90%+ of current RFDs.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Cass wrote: »
    So basically it's a renaming of the existing RFD association that was not involved with the SC. Which by all reports includes some 90%+ of current RFDs.

As I understand it, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Zxthinger wrote: »
    No matter what the outcome or the punishment, I'm going to continue shooting at night as and when I please.

This is the worst FFFFFFFFING madness that I have ever ever ever seen. It will not be obeyed by me..

BTW.
    I got on to one of the stinkers behind this horse sh1f but he wouldnt give a straight answer. He wanted me to ring him... I think I go face to face and ruin his day.

I'm not one for confrontation but this is the last straw........ The last straw.

'Cupid stunts' in the SC, do they think that they are immune to the fallout that's coming?? I spent my life out on hills with lamps but now these 'cupids' think that I shall acquiesce into the night.. Not on your nelly..

same as me i thought we lived in a democracy and a free state to be told when to home and what to do is something from a communist country.

I'm sorry in advance. This is a serious topic, but all i can think of is this:

Hunter456 wrote: »
    same as me i thought we lived in a democracy and a free state to be told when to home and what to do is something from a communist country.
    Name one thing you do, in this country, that is free? I don't just mean cost wide, i mean that you can do without government interference, regulation or oversight?

This "freedom" we all drone on about doesn't exist. This is not the Government. The threat comes from our own, and a state body that wants all shooting eliminated as long as it makes their job easier. Legislation will never take the place of poor funding. IOW the NPWS are so poorly funded that if such a ban were to be put through it would lessent heir workload and make their job easier as ANYONE shooting at night would immediately be guilty of an offence.

One thing though. An Gardaí enforce legislation. The NPWS rangers have no right to arrest so who is going to police this? As i said earlier in this thread and the Deer thread with the closure of local/rural stations, Garda recruitment still far below the amount quitting and retiring, and the overstretching of the force as it is who is going to police this (not that it should get that far).

Name one thing you do, in this country, that is free? I don't just mean cost wide, i mean that you can do without government interference, regulation or oversight?

This "freedom" we all drone on about doesn't exist. This is not the Government. The threat comes from our own, and a state body that wants all shooting eliminated as long as it makes their job easier. Legislation will never take the place of poor funding. IOW the NPWS are so poorly funded that if such a ban were to be put through it would lessent heir workload and make their job easier as ANYONE shooting at night would immediately be guilty of an offence.

One thing though. An Gardaí enforce legislation. The NPWS rangers have no right to arrest so who is going to police this? As i said earlier in this thread and the Deer thread with the closure of local/rural stations, Garda recruitment still far below the amount quitting and retiring, and the overstretching of the force as it is who is going to police this (not that it should get that far).

your right nothing is free in this country, in all fairness going by this curfew if it did come in ''we are being told once it hits 12 am we have to stop lamping and make way''.

Worse, if you are out after 12 midnight you may be found guilty of an offence. So you need to allow for travel home time otherwise you find yourself having along conversation with a Garda trying to explain exactly what time you stopped at, and why you were out with a firearm after the curfew.

All this while your firearm(s) are seized and then the fight to get the back even if you've done nothing wrong.

This is what "our own" are doing to us. OUR OWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I can see camping out and trailers and porta cabins or Woodies plastic sheds becoming a good seller in the Irish shooting scene in the future.:cool:
    Now what?No travel,you have the land owners permission and you aren't hunting and have a good chance for an early morning start...Your proposed legislation and crime fighting package is invalid!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

This crap is never going to fly. Can you imagine a farmer watching his new born lambs being taken by a fox and shrugging his shoulders and say "well it's after 12, nothing I can do about it" . Ditto poultry farmers or gamekeepers.

It's about time someone told the money grubbing chancer pushing this nonsense what stop to get off at.

• Advertisement

Worse, if you are out after 12 midnight you may be found guilty of an offence. So you need to allow for travel home time otherwise you find yourself having along conversation with a Garda trying to explain exactly what time you stopped at, and why you were out with a firearm after the curfew.

All this while your firearm(s) are seized and then the fight to get the back even if you've done nothing wrong.

This is what "our own" are doing to us. OUR OWN.

they ''SC'' are in hiding at the minute no statement from them to back up their reasons for this unjust proposal, if i recall they wanted signatures last year because their sport was under fire by the DoJ. they have back stabbed us and left us out to hang.

Advertisement