Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Thought the article was a self serving pile of sh1te..

Which is why i packed in buying the Digest years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

gunny123 wrote: »
    I don't buy the digest anymore. What did the article say ? The jist will do.

Neither do I , but I'd guess it went something like this ....

Wasn't us.
    Best interest of the sport.
    We were misquoted.
    Sure we'd make nothing on the back of it.

:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Neither do I , but I'd guess it went something like this ....

Wasn't us.
    Best interest of the sport.
    We were misquoted.
    Sure we'd make nothing on the back of it.

:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad:
    And the response to that is...

It WAS you,
    You were very CLEAR of your intentions,
    And you were going to make a FORTUNE if you got away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I don't buy the digest anymore. What did the article say ? The jist will do.
    I can email it to you if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

gunny123 wrote:
    Which is why i packed in buying the Digest years ago.

That's what I say every month.......then I buy it. In fairness the man is very sound and is screaming for people to contribute. We will miss it when it's gone....mark my words....we will...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wish Mr P would make up his mind on what type of articles he wants. Its hard enough to find time to put thoughts to keyboard and make it intresting and then send it off ,and hear nothing of it again.A rejection notice or email is quite handy betimes to know what you are doing wrong.Tough enough if you have some experiance in writing articles ,can be utterly disheartning for someone trying it for the first time.

Plus,with all the Byzanthine and Machevellian plots and under currents in the Irish shooting scene making it difficult to write anything on any disipline without unintentionally stepping on someones toes or slighting somone or causing grudges to be brought forth. I suppose as an editor he will take the course of least resistance too?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

Any idea why the meeting was postponed? Have a feeling it's to let anger die down and try again at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dail's out since friday, that might feed into it. (The shooting bodies don't set the timetable, the Minister does via the Department).

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

can't they not make up their minds ffs come September we are back to square one.

• Advertisement

Be intresting to see who gets their deer permits as well.Everyone or those who objected ,will they be getting special treatment?:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

RossiFan08 wrote:
    Any idea why the meeting was postponed? Have a feeling it's to let anger die down and try again at a later date

As a guy with a PhD in conspiracy theory I would think it's the Sports Coalition of vested interests kicking for touch....they are seriously struggling with the bad press and negative criticism. I believe we have been labeled
    "bullies that feed on hysteria stoked up by a few misinformed individuals"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Given the whole Tribunal pressure on the Minister (and I'm guessing that shows up in the Department the way a bad smell shows up if the toilet overflows), I don't think we need stretch to conspiracies.

Especially given that the SC don't have control over the timetable...

Sparks wrote: »
    Given the whole Tribunal pressure on the Minister (and I'm guessing that shows up in the Department the way a bad smell shows up if the toilet overflows), I don't think we need stretch to conspiracies.

Especially given that the SC don't have control over the timetable...

Nah.. that makes too much sense....its a conspiracy;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

We should keep our heads down in case we're used as a distraction for other matters .............................

Looking at the headlines today, i'd say by the end of the summer, things could be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Looking at the headlines today, i'd say by the end of the summer, things could be very different.
    What headlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thought the article was a self serving pile of sh1te..

A good reply would rip it asunder but is it even worth it.?

Any decent shooting man knows whats going on..

Sent off a reply to the article today, be interesting to see if its published in whole, or at all.

Or if I get a solicitors letter... :D

What headlines?

The carry on with O'Sullivan, will she resign or not, the fact that Martin and ff are ahead in the polls, over ol snazzy socks and fg. Its all up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Sent off a reply to the article today, be interesting to see if its published in whole, or at all.

i'd be very reluctant to send an email because you could become very heated and up sending a rant that could see your self landed with a solicitors letter. ;);)

• Advertisement

That's what an editor is there for..;) To make sure you both dont get a solrs letter.

Nope, sent it in the post. Suppose if it's not published, it's not actionable.

Your name will just go into the little black book, and when the glorious revolution comes, your shooting days will be over !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

The revolution has started and the tide is turning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Your name will just go into the little black book, and when the glorious revolution comes, your shooting days will be over !

That, Friend, is not so funny.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    That, Friend, is not so funny.

tac

No, but its probably accurate. Do our safety/stalking/firearms/lamping etc etc course and/or exam, with regular refresher courses/exams or no shooty-shooty for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Hi Guys,

just wondering what the situation was with this night time shooting working group? Were they not supposed to meet last week to discuss the submissions about the whole idea?

Heard nothing about it. Is that good or bad?

Isn't that kicked down the road with the summer recess ?

Hi Guys,

just wondering what the situation was with this night time shooting working group? Were they not supposed to meet last week to discuss the submissions about the whole idea?

Heard nothing about it. Is that good or bad?

Nothing happening at the moment in Dail Eireann.
    Not even Committees.

Parl. Reporters only have revision at the moment, quietest July/Aug. ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Nothing happening at the moment in Dail Eireann.
    Not even Committees.

Parl. Reporters only have revision at the moment, quietest July/Aug. ever.

Hi Guys,

This has nothing to do with Parliamentary Committees- what the poster was on about was the night time shooting working group of the FCP.

Here is what I heard happened last week:

There was a meeting of that working group last week.

The meeting was just about to start when the acting Chairman of the of Sports Coalition read into the record an official complaint that is now lodged with the Gardai, alleging that the NARGC are involved with or supporting illegal activity.

Apparently the meeting was adjourned and IFA and Countryside Allinance were both in agreement with the NARGC representative that the meeting should end and that the statement read was way offside.

It is being investigated by a Super in Wexford seemingly.

The NARGC started and supported the SC. Now the SC does this!!!

What a shower..

Advertisement