Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

berettaman wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

This has nothing to do with Parliamentary Committees- what the poster was on about was the night time shooting working group of the FCP.

Here is what I heard happened last week:

There was a meeting of that working group last week.

The meeting was just about to start when the acting Chairman of the of Sports Coalition read into the record an official complaint that is now lodged with the Gardai, alleging that the NARGC are involved with or supporting illegal activity.

Apparently the meeting was adjourned and IFA and Countryside Allinance were both in agreement with the NARGC representative that the meeting should end and that the statement read was way offside.

It is being investigated by a Super in Wexford seemingly.

The NARGC started and supported the SC. Now the SC does this!!!

What a shower..

Hang on a fu'kin minute..

The acting Chairman of the SC allegedly (lets not forget that) accuses the NARGC of supporting illegal activity..:eek:

HA ha haaa haa ha HA

That is unreal. Unbelievable.. They are a f'kin disgrace and I think their 50 odd members ( at a guess) need a long hard look at theirselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

FOI request submitted for the minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Sparks wrote: »
    FOI request submitted for the minutes.

How long does that take to get processed?

There are legal maximums for it (20 working days) but it's usually reasonably fast (by government department standards, so say an answer within ten days or so). Remember, they can't just hand you documents because there are data protection laws and such that they have to adhere to.

But it has the advantage that it's the official source and you're not putting any particular NGB in a spot by getting them to hand out the minutes (which not only gives them more work to do with limited manhours but also opens them up to possible accusations of bias and so forth - which we have already seen, don't forget).

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Hi Guys,

This has nothing to do with Parliamentary Committees- what the poster was on about was the night time shooting working group of the FCP.

Here is what I heard happened last week:

There was a meeting of that working group last week.

The meeting was just about to start when the acting Chairman of the of Sports Coalition read into the record an official complaint that is now lodged with the Gardai, alleging that the NARGC are involved with or supporting illegal activity.

Apparently the meeting was adjourned and IFA and Countryside Allinance were both in agreement with the NARGC representative that the meeting should end and that the statement read was way offside.

It is being investigated by a Super in Wexford seemingly.

The NARGC started and supported the SC. Now the SC does this!!!

What a shower..

Grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre, unprecendented. It just goes to further prove that the SC have no interest in working with anybody else for the good of our sports or way of life. Its an out and out power struggle and an effort to destroy and discredit the NARGC. Who do they think they're fooling and whats their endgame? What are they seeking to gain with this charade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre, unprecendented. It just goes to further prove that the SC have no interest in working with anybody else for the good of our sports or way of life. Its an out and out power struggle and an effort to destroy and discredit the NARGC. Who do they think they're fooling and whats their endgame? What are they seeking to gain with this charade?

I have to agree with your sentiment. Their obvious aims are

1. Destroy the NARGC or try and embarrass them into going away (shocking to think the NARGC poured thousands into the Sports Coalition)
    2. Continue to set up a rival organisation using the SC as a mechanisim
    3. Influence firearms policy at Govt level to directly benefit the Sports Coalition of vested interests.

The NARGC need to get tough on this. Anyone that is a member of the NARGC and the Sports Coalition should be put out. If they are involved in a rival organisation that is out to damage the interests of the NARGC they should be unceremoniously removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I have to agree with your sentiment. Their obvious aims are

1. Destroy the NARGC or try and embarrass them into going away (shocking to think the NARGC poured thousands into the Sports Coalition)
    2. Continue to set up a rival organisation using the SC as a mechanisim
    3. Influence firearms policy at Govt level to directly benefit the Sports Coalition of vested interests.

The NARGC need to get tough on this. Anyone that is a member of the NARGC and the Sports Coalition should be put out. If they are involved in a rival organisation that is out to damage the interests of the NARGC they should be unceremoniously removed.

The SC have launched a nuclear attack on the NARGC. Unfortunately all of us will be poisoned by the fallout.

These allegations aren't aimed at embarrassing the NARGC into going away, they are aimed at destroying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

sorry now lads call a spade a spade here, that so called SC are nothing but scumbags they haven't a good born in their organization they are looking to harm our sport or even worse destroy it, These so called allegations are a load of crap with no structure to them the NARGC backed the people who opposed the unjust proposals that tried to paint honest lamping men with the same brush as the scum poachers.

Can someone tell me if the ICPSA know what is going on. I won't be rejoining this year if they don't move fast. I know it doesn't sound like much but if every clay/game shooter took that line no more SC and ditto for the other associations/ shooting grounds that are SC backers. Oh yeah and Fine Gael Councillors

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I wonder will we see another article in the ISD in a few months, with the SC throwing smoke and with engines rung down to full astern?:rolleyes:
    As usual folks, you have the power in your own hands. Get onto your organizations to petition the minister of state[David Stanton TD] with this brief to state you the shooters of Ireland have no confidence in the SC representing your interests anymore at the committee and want them voted out.We know who the leader is of this operation, use the most effective weapon the Irish people ever invented, the Boycott and do so on his store and range, and let others know why so.
    However, just to play the Devils advocate here for a minute.Is this a good idea for us that there will only ever be ONE powerful organisation representing us at the ministerial level? I hark back a few years when a certain individual in the NARGC threw quite a few other shooting sports along with reloading under the bus for whatever reasons, and had their OWN plans for deer hunting and licensing. And when another organization was proposing a banquet of horror legislation to one of the most anti gun minister for justice in 2008? It just might be a good idea that there is some competition and not just one cozy cartel at this ministerial table.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote:
    Is this a good idea for us that there will only ever be ONE powerful organisation representing us at the ministerial level?

Does anyone else smell toast?

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I wonder will we see another article in the ISD in a few months, with the SC throwing smoke and with engines rung down to full astern?:rolleyes:
    As usual folks, you have the power in your own hands. Get onto your organizations to petition the minister of state[David Stanton TD] with this brief to state you the shooters of Ireland have no confidence in the SC representing your interests anymore at the committee and want them voted out.We know who the leader is of this operation, use the most effective weapon the Irish people ever invented, the Boycott and do so on his store and range, and let others know why so.
    However, just to play the Devils advocate here for a minute.Is this a good idea for us that there will only ever be ONE powerful organisation representing us at the ministerial level? I hark back a few years when a certain individual in the NARGC threw quite a few other shooting sports along with reloading under the bus for whatever reasons, and had their OWN plans for deer hunting and licensing. And when another organization was proposing a banquet of horror legislation to one of the most anti gun minister for justice in 2008? It just might be a good idea that there is some competition and not just one cozy cartel at this ministerial table.
    That individual is pulling the strings in the SC now. Him and the acting chairman are best buddies and in each others pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Genuinely funny:D

Grizzly 45 wrote:
    I wonder will we see another article in the ISD in a few months, with the SC throwing smoke and with engines rung down to full astern? As usual folks, you have the power in your own hands. Get onto your organizations to petition the minister of state[David Stanton TD] with this brief to state you the shooters of Ireland have no confidence in the SC representing your interests anymore at the committee and want them voted out.We know who the leader is of this operation, use the most effective weapon the Irish people ever invented, the Boycott and do so on his store and range, and let others know why so. However, just to play the Devils advocate here for a minute.Is this a good idea for us that there will only ever be ONE powerful organisation representing us at the ministerial level? I hark back a few years when a certain individual in the NARGC threw quite a few other shooting sports along with reloading under the bus for whatever reasons, and had their OWN plans for deer hunting and licensing. And when another organization was proposing a banquet of horror legislation to one of the most anti gun minister for justice in 2008? It just might be a good idea that there is some competition and not just one cozy cartel at this ministerial table.

I have to agree that the NARGC done itself no favours in the past. The new regime are seriously doing there best to build bridges with all. I also agree that a single Coalition is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Don't smell toast,but definitely smell popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I i have read the documents from that meeting. With 'friends' like this on the panel it makes enemies look like friends

Do you have them Clive? Are they public knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Do you have them Clive? Are they public knowledge?
    1. Privi
    2. Not public AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I have to agree that the NARGC done itself no favours in the past. The new regime are seriously doing there best to build bridges with all. I also agree that a single Coalition is not good.

This is exactly why the SC are attacking the NARGC.

The new regime has changed the direction of the Association so completely that some of the members of the SC hold a grudge..

That meeting was supposed to be about the night time shooting proposals. What could the SC do:

1. Rock up and say sorry lads, it was all a mistake, sure I had ya going there?

2. Double down and back unworkable and already hated proposals and suffer more from us peasants on here and in other areas?

3. or say look over there lads, that crowd are bad.. <mod snip>

It was a case of I am taking my ball and going home. <mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

or 5.Do something impossibly unheard of in politics and Irish egotism.Say "Ok we seriously fuked this up, and are owning this situation.We are tendering our resignations effective immediately.!" Now, you might have to go into exile awhile, but you have just bought yourself a whole load of creditability and some integrity in the eyes of many.You can always be the power behind the throne too for awhile with whichever puppet you put on it.
    Be like thinking tho, and many are hard of that in these parts.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Would anyone care to do a bit of a summary of what's gone on here with the SC and the NARGC.
    I've tried reading the threads but it's very long and a bit confusing tbh.
    I'm not up to speed with where the SC has come from or who's in it.

It would be a great help.

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Would anyone care to do a bit of a summary of what's gone on here with the SC and the NARGC.
    I've tried reading the threads but it's very long and a bit confusing tbh.
    I'm not up to speed with where the SC has come from or who's in it.

It would be a great help.

Mod note : Please do not do this, any such attempts will get deleted.

Given the past history of litigation here, can people please remember that they are not chatting over a quiet pint down the local pub, they are legally publishing when they post here, under the terms of the defamation act.

The actual documents in question, as mentioned above, have been requested under the FOI act from the Department; we'll post the results of that FOI query here as that will be guaranteed to be in the public domain and avoids any one group taking responsibility for releasing them and doing the appropriate level of redaction to comply with data protection laws and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Apologies.

Not your fault bogwoppit, it's just a particularly crappy situation and we're trying not to make it any crappier. If that's even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

This is exactly why the SC are attacking the NARGC.

The new regime has changed the direction of the Association so completely that some of the members of the SC hold a grudge..

That meeting was supposed to be about the night time shooting proposals. What could the SC do:

1. Rock up and say sorry lads, it was all a mistake, sure I had ya going there?

2. Double down and back unworkable and already hated proposals and suffer more from us peasants on here and in other areas?

3. or say look over there lads, that crowd are bad.. <mod snip>

It was a case of I am taking my ball and going home. <mod snip>

Throw something at the NARGC hoping they would rear up and cause the collapse of the FCP

grassroot1 wrote:
    Throw something at the NARGC hoping they would rear up and cause the collapse of the FCP

Could be that...but the only ones that are looking bad now is the SC. Lots of root and branch shooters very hurt at this allegation a mate of mine says his club wants the county to propose that any NARGC members on the SC or associated with SC not have there fund renewed as they are purposely trying to damage the association.

As I said in my Club alone there are 6 lads also members of ICPSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

As I said in my Club alone there are 6 lads also members of ICPSA.

ICTSA (formerly ICPSA) is not a member of the SC. Attended some early meetings of the SC but never signed up with them. ICTSA has its own seat on the FCP. I understand the ICPSA logo is on the SC website but that the ICTSA has/will ask for it to be removed.

ICTSA (formerly ICPSA) is not a member of the SC. Attended some early meetings of the SC but never signed up with them. ICTSA has its own seat on the FCP. I understand the ICPSA logo is on the SC website but that the ICTSA has/will ask for it to be removed.

That's something that the ICTSA might want to consider making an official statement on given the current circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

That's something that the ICTSA might want to consider making an official statement on given the current circumstances.

Indeed.

• Advertisement

Bad news....the ICPSA are been lumped in with the SC. It was said to me over the week by individuals that are in both organisations something along the line of "how did the ICPSA do that to a fellow shooting Organisation especially who that have such synergies and dual membership".....the horse may have bolted on that.

Advertisement