Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

I understand the ICPSA logo is on the SC website but that the ICTSA has/will ask for it to be removed.
    ask !!!!!,if they're not supporting them DEMAND it be removed,unless the foot is firmly stamped down this weasel mentality of prolonging with ducking and diving will go on,
    With every little chip removed from the trunk the tree will fall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

gunny123 wrote: »

''but said related issues were still being considered''.

i wonder what there is to be considered.

''Gun club members involved in predator control at night are the eyes of the community on the long dark nights of winter, and supply An Garda with a vast amount of information on various illegal activities they encounter''

absolutely on the ball here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Until it's dead and buried along with the Sports Coalition until then we need to keep fighting and even after that keep pressure in.

As I said previously watch some over zealous Superintendent will put the "voluntary code of practice" as a condition on some poor fekers license. When that happens it becomes a legal requirement to comply.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Has anyone contacted any/all the groups within the sc?

I'd start looking to contacting them directly asking them the same questions we're asking here. Ask them why they support such proposals. Also take a moment to notice the groups. The RFDs in the sc. I believe it's one or two RFDs only. The majority are in the old association of RFDs.

No disrespect intended, but an angling group make up the sc. If some people are members of this angling group as well as other groups, fine, but all their presence on the sc does is lend legitimacy and numbers to bolster their position that they (the sc) represent more people than they do.

Mark my words this will continue to happen and in the coming months or years we will find ourselves battling to counter proposals that this "group" submit.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I've read the documents submitted by the SC to the FCP and I was actually stunned by the accusations contained within. But if he's levelling these accusations at the NARGC, surely he's implicating the national director in the allegations by default as ultimately the buck stops with him? That I find strange as they are supposed to be good friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Cass wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted any/all the groups within the sc?
    I'm given to understand that the ICTSA are looking to resolve the issue of their non-membership and a statement may be made publicly to that effect.
    I don't speak for them though, hence the very roundabout language and a total lack of commitment to that statement!

Sparks wrote:
    I'm given to understand that the ICTSA are looking to resolve the issue of their non-membership and a statement may be made publicly to that effect. I don't speak for them though, hence the very roundabout language and a total lack of commitment to that statement!

Too late damage is done.

Too late damage is done.

Don't see why. A simple letter to the FCP stating they are not a member of the SC and do not support any of the proposed night shooting restrictions and that should do the trick.

gunny123 wrote:
    Don't see why. A simple letter to the FCP stating they are not a member of the SC and do not support any of the proposed night shooting restrictions and that should do the trick.

They along with the rest of the groups associated with the SC have lodged a complaint against the NARGC with the Gardai. The damage is done in that a lot of NARGC members that are also ICPSA members are annoyed and pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

and the doj are sitting back laughing their asses off as the shooting bodies kill our sport for them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Yet afreakin again!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

homerhop wrote: »
    and the doj are sitting back laughing their asses off as the shooting bodies kill our sport for them

Which kindof illustrates why paying attention to this stuff is important. At least if it's a shooting body, shooters have some measure of control over affairs.

Sparks wrote: »
    Which kindof illustrates why paying attention to this stuff is important. At least if it's a shooting body, shooters have some measure of control over affairs.

Dunno about that. There were no shooters calling for a ban on night shooting or deer stalking courses to be made compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Dunno about that. There were no shooters calling for a ban on night shooting or deer stalking courses to be made compulsory.

It is kind of hard to believe that a shooting organisation, or to be more accurate, a group of shooting organisations proposed this crock of sh1te.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It is kind of hard to believe that a shooting organisation, or to be more accurate, a group of shooting organisations proposed this crock of sh1te.

With our history, it's kindof easy to believe.

BattleCorp wrote:

No its not.

When you see what the make up was and read the minutes of the meetings you saw this coming a mile away.
    Lets be xlear, At no time did the SC ever express concern or refuted any comments being made in defence of ordinary shooters, in fact they "shared" the Gardai's concern about the competency of shooters. All this done by a Coalition that was funded by the NARGC to at least 12 K over the years.

When the serving Chairman of the NARGC finally took them to task and we started to get the truth and facts out there, they lodge a spiteful and fengful attack on the NARGC....Why? The Sports Coalition has been called out on numerous fronts and they are found to be lacking in substance and fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Any sign of the docs from the FOI?

None yet ezra.

What a steaming pile of leftist, uneducated, ignorant and unresearched bile

Without a shred of proof the "author" makes unfounded presumptions, takes anecdotal "evidence" and passes them as truth, uses inflammatory buzz words and calls this an article!!!!!

She refers to "released" mink as a bigger problem without once mentioning that the biggest "release" was done by tree hugging eco warriors with as much education as her, and also ignores the fact that hunters also trap and hunt mink.

She then caps of the "article" with reference to the night time shooting ban but given her bias she attacks the NARGC for trying to counter such a proposal.

Don't expect much more from the Indo, but this "article" doesn't even try to hide the bias. Like every other leftist, uneducated fool, they use the "won't someone think of the children" argument than actual facts because it invokes a greater response.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

the time frame she submitted it is 2.30sm. Must have been on the vino to write such crap

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

homerhop wrote: »
    the time frame she submitted it is 2.30sm. Must have been on the vino to write such crap

never mind vino what sort of drugs was she on while writing this pathetic article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Cass wrote: »
    What a steaming pile of leftist, uneducated, ignorant and unresearched bile

Without a shred of proof the "author" makes unfounded presumptions, takes anecdotal "evidence" and passes them as truth, uses inflammatory buzz words and calls this an article!!!!!

She refers to "released" mink as a bigger problem without once mentioning that the biggest "release" was done by tree hugging eco warriors with as much education as her, and also ignores the fact that hunters also trap and hunt mink.

She then caps of the "article" with reference to the night time shooting ban but given her bias she attacks the NARGC for trying to counter such a proposal.

Don't expect much more from the Indo, but this "article" doesn't even try to hide the bias. Like every other leftist, uneducated fool, they use the "won't someone think of the children" argument than actual facts because it invokes a greater response.

Propaganda which reminds me of the stories printed in the media when AGS wanted semi-auto centerfires banned.

The Indo are losing the plot. They're spewing out fulminating urban opinion at times of late, rather than the cold hard facts.

Cheaper and pure clickbait to get reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Dennis O Brien mouthpiece[aka the Indo] is becoming an utter joke of a rag these days.Every little stink bomb about Trump features as front page news, which doesn't even make the media bylines anywhere else.
    Yes, Dennis, we get it that you lost a few million supporting Hillary Clinton and whatever plans you had are gone.That's life, get over it and move on.Stop using what was once a good [ish ] newspaper to keep venting your spleen.

Ever since they introduced these paid/outbrain.com articles it has gone to shyte completely.No, I don't want to know "35 fascinating facts the Amish keep secret" or "How Limerick man made 35 million in a year."[by legal means:rolleyes:]

Some factual, nonbiased, neutral news reporting, national and international would be great.Who knows it might start a trend?:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Overly emotional twaddle. Bounces all over the place. Starts talking about lamping foxes (a legal pursuit), then mentions the idiots caught via facebook poaching deer with hounds (an illegal activity) then wanders back to foxes again. "Hearts of Darkness", "Rambo's", "High powered vehicles" (wtf has that to do with anything), "Brave boyo's ? wearing camoflage" (i always knew camoflage was evil)".

Seriously was this written by a hormonal 16 year old ? Is there an email address i can send a snotty unemotional rebuke to ?

P.S

Just googled her name and apparently this type of article is all she writes.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/fiona-oconnell-this-savage-behaviour-is-a-bloody-disgrace-28945162.html

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/lay-of-the-land-taking-a-stand-against-suffering-of-animals-31561410.html

http://www.banbloodsports.com/ln160803b.htm

So a person with an agenda and free reign to publish biased, unchecked articles is how the media is. Not surprising really given the credibility of CNN

, Snopes, Google, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Overly emotional twaddle. Bounces all over the place. Starts talking about lamping foxes (a legal pursuit), then mentions the idiots caught via facebook poaching deer with hounds (an illegal activity) then wanders back to foxes again. "Hearts of Darkness", "Rambo's", "High powered vehicles" (wtf has that to do with anything), "Brave boyo's ? wearing camoflage" (i always knew camoflage was evil)".

Seriously was this written by a hormonal 16 year old ? Is there an email address i can send a snotty unemotional rebuke to ?

P.S

Just googled her name and apparently this type of article is all she writes.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/fiona-oconnell-this-savage-behaviour-is-a-bloody-disgrace-28945162.html

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/lay-of-the-land-taking-a-stand-against-suffering-of-animals-31561410.html

http://www.banbloodsports.com/ln160803b.htm

Complaint to the editor, as it's near-libel or possibly the full libel?

I'd say DO'B would send a solicitor's letter if his character was assaulted like this, say if she mixed comments about him with the guy in Citizen Kane.

She's certainly making free association between illegal poaching etc and legitimate culling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Don't think it's that biased. I live in the country side and last year had 2 ' gentleman' trying to get on my land in November. I was just coming back from dinner with a friend.Asked what they wanted, they said they were looking for foxes. They had no scruples at all trespassing on private land at night. I have horses in there and will not accept anyone hunting on my land.They wren't willing to leave until my dogs  - all 8 of them - came charging out of the meanwhile opened door. So, if you look at these things  - and they are happening all over the country - don't be surprised that the decent hunter with respect for someone else's property and animals gets painted with the same brush.Also, hunting with dogs IS cruel.and should have been outlawed a long long time ago.

Don't think it's that biased. I live in the country side and last year had 2 ' gentleman' trying to get on my land in November. I was just coming back from dinner with a friend.Asked what they wanted, they said they were looking for foxes. They had no scruples at all trespassing on private land at night. I have horses in there and will not accept anyone hunting on my land.They wren't willing to leave until my dogs  - all 8 of them - came charging out of the meanwhile opened door. So, if you look at these things  - and they are happening all over the country - don't be surprised that the decent hunter with respect for someone else's property and animals gets painted with the same brush.Also, hunting with dogs IS cruel.and should have been outlawed a long long time ago.

But they were trespassing, which is illegal, even more so if they were armed. Equating this with ordinary shooters lamping is the same as equating armed robbers to clay pigeon shooters, eg. nothing to do with each other.

If you had reported this incident to the gardai, they would have taken a very dim view of this pair trespassing, especially after they refused to leave the land after you told them to.

P.S. Are you in Ireland or Oklahoma ?

• Advertisement

Don't think it's that biased.
    It is.

Name calling, inflammatory possibly defamatory names used, unresearched facts about what is legal and not, a lack of understanding on the principles behind fox shooting, half truths about mink problem (no mention it was the hemp brigade that released them), the attack on a legitimate group working to save the sport (a sport that puts tens of millions into the exchequer each year), and past "articles" using all the above and more sets a pattern of bias.
    I live in the country side and last year had 2 ' gentleman' trying to get on my land in November........................They had no scruples at all trespassing on private land at night. ..................... They wren't willing to leave until my dogs  - all 8 of them - came charging out of the meanwhile opened door.
    You are confusing a single instance of someone trespassing, and illegal act, with the sport of shooting. not the same thing and a single unconfirmed report is not a pattern of an epidemic nor a supportive argument for the bile in that so called "article".
    So, if you look at these things  - and they are happening all over the country -
    More unsubstantiated stories.

Show me reports of charges of trespass, arrests, court cases, stats, etc and i'll agree we have a problem and debate the point with you. However i don't accept "sure it happens everywhere" as anything close to a valid argument.
    don't be surprised that the decent hunter with respect for someone else's property and animals gets painted with the same brush.
    So you say its' not biased, then explain it away by saying that we shouldn't be surprised by us all being tarred with the same brush because of unfounded reports/stories of isolated incidents?
    Also, hunting with dogs IS cruel.and should have been outlawed a long long time ago.
    You re on the wrong forum for that noise.

Advertisement