Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Has anyone emailed or got in contact with the SC to explain their actions and y there launching an attack on decent shooting men,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Hunter456 wrote: »
    Has anyone emailed or got in contact with the SC to explain their actions and y there launching an attack on decent shooting men,
    They did explain their actions,
    From their last statement they said we as shooters took them up all wrong,
    we blew their proposals out of proportion,
    we were completely in the wrong
    And apparently we cant read and understand correctly what was written on a piece of paper that THEY wrote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Don't think it's that biased. I live in the country side and last year had 2 ' gentleman' trying to get on my land in November. I was just coming back from dinner with a friend.Asked what they wanted, they said they were looking for foxes. They had no scruples at all trespassing on private land at night. I have horses in there and will not accept anyone hunting on my land.They wren't willing to leave until my dogs  - all 8 of them - came charging out of the meanwhile opened door. So, if you look at these things  - and they are happening all over the country - don't be surprised that the decent hunter with respect for someone else's property and animals gets painted with the same brush.Also, hunting with dogs IS cruel.and should have been outlawed a long long time ago.
    The irony of saying hunting with dogs is cruel while you let your dogs chase strangers away. Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Wonder were those two gentlemen part of our ethnic minority?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Don't think it's that biased. I live in the country side and last year had 2 ' gentleman' trying to get on my land in November. I was just coming back from dinner with a friend.Asked what they wanted, they said they were looking for foxes. They had no scruples at all trespassing on private land at night. I have horses in there and will not accept anyone hunting on my land.They wren't willing to leave until my dogs  - all 8 of them - came charging out of the meanwhile opened door. So, if you look at these things  - and they are happening all over the country - don't be surprised that the decent hunter with respect for someone else's property and animals gets painted with the same brush.Also, hunting with dogs IS cruel.and should have been outlawed a long long time ago.

So, using that train of thought, you'd have no problem being likened to a puppy farm, soooo many dogs :eek:. Or with some of the so called horse lovers that the ISPCA regularly get called out to investigate :eek::eek: ??

You know, because if you look at these things, and they are happening all over the country, don't be surprised that the decent animal lover with respect for animals gets painted with the same brush.

;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

yubabill1 wrote: »
    Complaint to the editor, as it's near-libel or possibly the full libel?

I'd say DO'B would send a solicitor's letter if his character was assaulted like this, say if she mixed comments about him with the guy in Citizen Kane.

She's certainly making free association between illegal poaching etc and legitimate culling.

Meh! You know they will end up in the circular folder or the delete file. As does anything with shooting, unless someone goes out and massacres a bunch of people then the media whores are all over us like flies on a cow pat.:( We won a wheel barrow worth of medals again a shoot in the UK[ LB6... You are up on this!] Press releases to all Irish media outlets and......[.Crickets].......
    So the best thing to do is let this aul self inflated and important misery bag and wanna be hackette rant and rave away to herself in her "wimmin's corner" of the Indo. The Same way no one bothers responding to the anti's scribblings anymore in the press.Deny them the oxygen of publicity of responses and they soon go away again.They are like a boil on our collective backsides, irritable on occasion but it can be lived with until the right circumstances allow for a proper lancing.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Meh! You know they will end up in the circular folder or the delete file. As does anything with shooting, unless someone goes out and massacres a bunch of people then the media whores are all over us like flies on a cow pat.:( We won a wheel barrow worth of medals again a shoot in the UK[ LB6... You are up on this!] Press releases to all Irish media outlets and......[.Crickets].......
    So the best thing to do is let this aul self inflated and important misery bag and wanna be hackette rant and rave away to herself in her "wimmin's corner" of the Indo. The Same way no one bothers responding to the anti's scribblings anymore in the press.Deny them the oxygen of publicity of responses and they soon go away again.They are like a boil on our collective backsides, irritable on occasion but it can be lived with until the right circumstances allow for a proper lancing.:)

I used to buy the sindo regularly, but gave up when DOB took it over. Not sorry now and hopefully it will disappear up its own fundament, and if we are extremely lucky, its owner will do likewise.

Here is the authors of this journalistic masterpiece profile on LinkedIn.Amazing what your friends are connected to.:P

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fiona-o-connell-50221349/?ppe=1

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Meh! You know they will end up in the circular folder or the delete file. As does anything with shooting,
    Grizzly, you've got a real short memory sometimes.
    We literally did an experiment on this to try to prove if this specific assertion was right or wrong.

homerhop wrote: »
    Wonder were those two gentlemen part of our ethnic minority?

Homer, I don't even need to use the search function on here to remember more than one case of people talking about the local gun club in some parishes suffering from a bad case of their heads being lodged in a dark warm place and acting as though they held the shooting rights on land they didn't own and in the process convincing the owners of that land to tell them in very specific terms where to go and what anatomically impossible acts to perform. So maybe drop the whole xenophobic line?

• Advertisement

[Mod Note] - Folks, we are in the middle of some rather serious moments right now, with formal written complaints to the Gardai allegedly being thrown about as though things like that were consequence-less, so could we keep things a bit more level-headed and a bit less lawsuit-bait please? Thank you.[/Mod Note]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm given to understand that the ICTSA are looking to resolve the issue of their non-membership and a statement may be made publicly to that effect.
    I don't speak for them though, hence the very roundabout language and a total lack of commitment to that statement!

Well Sparks you seem to be on the ball with this one.

I was at a shoot during the weekend and I'm reliably told that a letter has gone to PW and Sports Coalition telling them to stop and desist using their name, Logo and to issue a statement that said group aren't involved and never where?? with the Sports Coalition of vested interests....well that's how it was worded.

Apparently there was a "hot and heavy meeting last week" someone in ICPSA got a roasting for letting this go on thus far. A lot of chat about the alleged complaint and the arrogance of the SC with a pinch of anger at the ICPSA for taking too long to stand up and be counted.

Wouldnt you love to be a fly on the wall when that letter is opened....

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Well Sparks you seem to be on the ball with this one.

I was at a shoot during the weekend and I'm reliably told that a letter has gone to PW and Sports Coalition telling them to stop and desist using their name, Logo and to issue a statement that said group aren't involved and never where?? with the Sports Coalition of vested interests....well that's how it was worded.

Apparently there was a "hot and heavy meeting last week" someone in ICPSA got a roasting for letting this go on thus far. A lot of chat about the alleged complaint and the arrogance of the SC with a pinch of anger at the ICPSA for taking too long to stand up and be counted.

Wouldnt you love to be a fly on the wall when that letter is opened....

That is focking brilliant news if true.

Hate to say it but I gave some ICTSA guys some stick at the weekend myself. I was at a shoot in wexford and a few of us let rip about the night time shooting ban and how are ye mixed up with certain people.

In fairness they told us to calm our jets the matter had been handled.

Didn't believe it till now.. I owe someone a pint..

Now what about that BS complaint that the SC put in against the NARGC..

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

That is great news.

I was at a funeral recently and saw NARGC and ICPSA blazers standing side by side. Mutual respect. That is what it is all about.

So how many members does the SC have now and will the Salmon and sea trout anglers follow suit? Might ask their reps in Birr..;)

Chatting to a group of lads from the North that were shooting, we went through the SC justification for the proposed ban, disgusted they were asked me if they were anti field sports. Told them to check out boards if they want to keep in the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

berettaman wrote: »
    That is great news.

I was at a funeral recently and saw NARGC and ICPSA blazers standing side by side. Mutual respect. That is what it is all about.

So how many members does the SC have now and will the Salmon and sea trout anglers follow suit? Might ask their reps in Birr..;)

Wonder will the Sports Coalition have a tent in Birr? Happy enough to pose for a family picture in Shanes Castle receiving their ''award'' two years ago. Wonder will they have the neck to show their faces this year though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Wonder will the Sports Coalition have a tent in Birr? Happy enough to pose for a family picture in Shanes Castle receiving their ''award'' two years ago. Wonder will they have the neck to show their faces this year though?

If they do they must have double-butted brass necks. So i wouldn't be surprised if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

will they **** men like that hide away in the shadows because they haven't the balls to face facts, that i'll guarantee.

Welll,if they are there by some chance, go and voice your opinions to them there and then.That's the best thing to do, they can't run and hide in public.

I will actively seek out the following at Birr and I urge other people to do so aswell:

1. Federation of Irish Salmon and Sea Trout Anglers.

2. Irish Bullseye Sports.

3. National Silouette Association of Ireland

I will ask them out right why did they lodge a complaint against the NARGC with the Gardai and why do they want to push a Ban on a shooting foxes at night. Furthermore I will ask if they have any plans to pull out of the Sports Coalition.

We should post the results of the canvass here on boards.

I won't bother looking for The Firearms dealers of Ireland because those two members never go to Birr.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

I will actively seek out the following at Birr and I urge other people to do so aswell:

3. National Silouette Association of Ireland.

4. National Association of Sporting Rifle and Pistol Clubs.

I will ask them out right why did they lodge a complaint against the NARGC with the Gardai and why do they want to push a Ban on a shooting foxes at night. Furthermore I will ask if they have any plans to pull out of the Sports Coalition.

I won't bother looking for The Firearms dealers of Ireland because those two members never go to Birr.....:)

I taught the nasrpc pulled out of it over a year ago and got their own seat at the fcp!! Or am I mistaken?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They did.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I taught the nasrpc pulled out of it over a year ago and got their own seat at the fcp!! Or am I mistaken?

Not according to the Sports Coalition website.

Not according to the Sports Coalition website.
    Where are you seeing this? From their website:

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Must be an old link I'm getting on the phone. I shall edit my ****list

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

3. National Silouette Association of Ireland

I won't bother looking for The Firearms dealers of Ireland because those two members never go to Birr.....

This is a great idea if any of those organisations/individuals :D can be found.

Nice and calm, put the above questions to them straight.

Let us see what the reactions are.

Was it in Birr that the lifetime achievement award for the sports coalition work was handed out a couple of years ago?:eek:

Let that one sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Shane's castle I see it was.

berettaman wrote: »
    Was it in Birr that the lifetime achievement award for the sports coalition work was handed out a couple of years ago?:eek:
    The WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lifetime achievement award for a group that is responsible for the destruction of shooting sports cohesion and has only been around for a handful of years.

Lifetime achievement. Un-f**king-believable.Who exactly awarded what, to whom?

It's surprising how often the awarding of "lifetime achievement awards" get abused to get a dig into people in our sport like that. It's definitely not something that happens all the time, but from certain quarters you do tend to roll your eyes and switch off when they start talking about awards like that (usually to people who, in fairness, have far too much lifetime left to be getting one of those things).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Well to be fair, in their short existence the SC have managed as much division, disharmony and backstabbing as most groups do in a lifetime ......

Advertisement