Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Sparks wrote: »
    It's surprising how often the awarding of "lifetime achievement awards" get abused to get a dig into people in our sport like that. It's definitely not something that happens all the time, but from certain quarters you do tend to roll your eyes and switch off when they start talking about awards like that (usually to people who, in fairness, have far too much lifetime left to be getting one of those things).

Absolutely.

A life time achievement award is used to provide a semblance of gravitas and respectability to something much in the same way some people use the peace commissioner qualification.;)

Shane's castle I see it was.

You are right. Shanes castle...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

berettaman wrote:
    A life time achievement award is used to provide a semblance of gravitas and respectability to something much in the same way some people use the peace commissioner qualification.

Do you get a badge for that.?...as in peace comissioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Do you get a badge for that.?...as in peace comissioner?

������

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Do you get a badge for that.?...as in peace commissioner?

You do, well more an ID card type thingy and an awful load of headaches for the money .Been woken up at all hours by the Gaurds looking for search or arrest warrants to be signed off and stuff like that.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Do you get a badge for that.?...as in peace commissioner?

You do, well more an ID card type thingy and an awful load of headaches for the money .Been woken up at all hours by the Gaurds looking for search or arrest warrants to be signed off and stuff like that.

I thought there was no remuneration for peace commissioners?

Handy article on the subject.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/peace-commissioners-1265204-Jan2014/
    No, you don't get paid.Hence my off the cuff remark on the hassle for the money.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I taught the nasrpc pulled out of it over a year ago and got their own seat at the fcp!! Or am I mistaken?
    Cass wrote: »
    They did.
    Not according to the Sports Coalition website.

Seems all you need to do i put the NASRPC logo back on the website when the mood takes you. The sc website this morning looks like this:

Highlighted for effect.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Googled range operator group. Nothing. What ranges are in that?

Seems all you need to do i put the NASRPC logo back on the website when the mood takes you. The sc website this morning looks like this:

Highlighted for effect.

Can the NASRPC be trusted? What's their official stance on the whole fiasco?

• Advertisement

At this stage I'm sounding like a grumpy old git ....but for clarity I'll say it again.

Until the other groups (that are associated with the SC) issue a formal statement distancing themselves or make the SC issue a clarifying statement, then according to my books, they are still part of the SC and anything that is done by the acting chairman is done with their consent as members of that group.

Googled range operator group. Nothing. What ranges are in that?
    Short answer, don't know.

Less short answer, it's made up of one or two ranges. The rest of the ranges are still in the original range operators association. This new one was created by the sc to give them an appearance of actually being something. Same thing with the RFD group. The one in the sc is just the one RFD afaik. However when you say you have an RFD group it sounds better than we have one RFD and the other 30 or 40 are in the original RFD group.
    Can the NASRPC be trusted?
    That is for each person to decide for themselves. Past actions, including being the Co-Founder of the SC with the NARGC, would have said no, but they seem to be concentrating on the sport these last couple of years.
    What's their official stance on the whole fiasco?
    No idea.

However they broke away from the sc a while back. I won't speak to why as i don't know, but at a guess and based on information available to me it appears to be that they were not getting the representation they wanted on the FCP and so left to make sure a member of the NASRPC sat on the FCP.
    Until the other groups (that are associated with the SC) issue a formal statement distancing themselves or make the SC issue a clarifying statement, then according to my books, they are still part of the SC and anything that is done by the acting chairman is done with their consent as members of that group.
    Some have. It's the reason i highlighted the fact that the NASRPC logo, hence association, is listed as being on the sc when they have officially announced their departure from the sc.

I think you, and some others, are loosing sight of the fact that its the SC doing this and not necessarily the associations. IOW instead of attacking or concentrating on the associations listed why not look at the actions of the sc.
    1. The NASRPC left the sc nearly two years ago and now they are listed back on their website.
    2. The listing of the NASRPC coincides with the removal of the ICTSA.
    3. The ICTSA said they were not associated to the sc yet allowed, ignored the fact their logo, hence association, to the sc was being advertised. Now they have officially announced their departure.

Seems a desperate scramble to keep a long list on their site. I've e-mailed the NASRPC to inform them of this change so we'll see what happens next.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

I've e-mailed the NASRPC to inform them of this change so we'll see what happens next.

So i contacted the NASRPC through their account here on Boards as the above comments and comments on another thread about no replies from their e-mail made me think it would be quicker or actually get a reply. I highlighted the fact that the NASRPC logo was back up on the sc's website thus implying their renewed association to the sc.

I expected a quick and resounding "No, we've nothing to do with them since the separation two years ago and will immediately seek to have it removed". Instead i get what essentially amounted to "M'eh" and when i questioned it further i'm told they most likely won't do anything about it.

So are they in or out? Cannot get a definitive answer either way, and the apathetic way i was answered is either a refusal to admit their renewed affiliation or a scathing indictment of the attitude/cause of the sc's emboldened sense of "we can do whatever we want". I think it may be the latter, but neither are sufficient in my opinion.

Will they be at Birr??
    I was going to say more but I'll leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

So are they in or out? Cannot get a definitive answer either way.

I think the top man in the NASRPC is also top man in the WA 1500 as far as I am aware. If the WA1500 are in the SC, more than likely so are the NASRPC.

Hard to see an organisation that isn't in it allowing them to use their logo.

Well any sign of the SC jokers in birr today, answering all the legitimate concerns of thousands of hunting and shooting people?

Well any sign of the SC jokers in birr today, answering all the legitimate concerns of thousands of hunting and shooting people?

No but the fishing crowd got an earful. I heard two NARGC lads giving them a good scowling a couple of hours ago. The ecc use. ..it's nothing to do with them it's personal between the two Chairmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

No but the fishing crowd got an earful. I heard two NARGC lads giving them a good scowling a couple of hours ago. The ecc use. ..it's nothing to do with them it's personal between the two Chairmen.

they didn't have the balls to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Heard some of the Cavan and Monaghan lads had a cut off FISSTA on Saturday. Made my feelings know as well.

Then a buddy that was there on Sunday said that the Hon Treasurer and National Safety officer were letting the Fissta rep know what they thought about the night time shooting ban. Would not want to be the meat in that sandwich.

The full weight of their opinions was being brought to bear.:p
    I would not want them after me but I think I could out run them..:D

FISSTA guy beat a hasty retreat but fair play to anyone that made the case for night time shooting man..

No other SC reps to be seen..

Said to me last night that the deer crowd (goodies not deer crowd baddies) and NARGC and CAI had there photos taking with IFA. Whats that about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Hunter456 wrote: »
    they didn't have the balls to turn up.

They didnt have anyone to bankroll them when they had to pay for a stand themselves they didnt like it I expect.

oh ya and who would put themselves for two days of an earfull!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Said to me last night that the deer crowd (goodies not deer crowd baddies) and NARGC and CAI had there photos taking with IFA. Whats that about?

Ah they have been watching game of thrones they are all banding together to defeat the white walkers.

Actually truth is close enough to that I expect.

grassroot1 wrote: »

Ah they have been watching game of thrones they are all banding together to defeat the white walkers.

Actually truth is close enough to that I expect.
    No spoilers. ....I'm not watching it till weekend.....

grassroot1 wrote: »
    They didnt have anyone to bankroll them when they had to pay for a stand themselves they didnt like it I expect.

This is accurate I would say...

Lets just say that in this new era of peace and tranquillity the Associations that stood up when needed and said no to the ban on night time shooting got together for a photo. No hidden agendas, just a fair play, ye listened to your members and fought the good fight.

2 years ago you would not see NARGC, Countryside alliance, Wild deer Association and IFA in the same room much less the same photo.

New regime, new ideas. Fresh thinking.

There is more that unites us than divides us. We all want to grow the sport of hunting/shooting.

If Seamus Heaney was alive he would be writing a poem about it..:D

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Heard some of the Cavan and Monaghan lads had a cut off FISSTA on Saturday. Made my feelings know as well.

Then a buddy that was there on Sunday said that the Hon Treasurer and National Safety officer were letting the Fissta rep know what they thought about the night time shooting ban. Would not want to be the meat in that sandwich.

The full weight of their opinions was being brought to bear.:p
    I would not want them after me but I think I could out run them..:D

FISSTA guy beat a hasty retreat but fair play to anyone that made the case for night time shooting man..

No other SC reps to be seen..

Go to the next Gov Body meeting and get the Nat Safety officer and hon Treasurer together... and repeat those jokes about the weight..I dare ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

berettaman wrote: »
    2 years ago you would not see NARGC, Countryside alliance, Wild deer Association and IFA in the same room much less the same photo.

New regime, new ideas. Fresh thinking.

Dunno if that is neccessarily a good thing, some of the wild deer crowd are the ones looking for compulsory courses before you can get a deer hunting licence. The concerns of the many fall by the wayside when the few can make a few bob. Too many alliances, organisations and associations and not enough indians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

gunny123 wrote: »
    Dunno if that is neccessarily a good thing, some of the wild deer crowd are the ones looking for compulsory courses before you can get a deer hunting licence. The concerns of the many fall by the wayside when the few can make a few bob. Too many alliances, organisations and associations and not enough indians.

Better all inside the tent pissing out...

If one of the constituent bodies makes a run like that, the other bodies will hear of it and should be able to shut it down. When everyone is individually running about the place, that is much harder to do.

Beginning to wonder myself WTF is going on. I posted a PM on FB to the NASRPC re the situation with my licenses for Embassy cup for a restricted application..I got a like on the comment and nothing else!Zero info on the NASRPC site re this discipline, which could potentially have hundreds of followers, if played right. This kind of dealing with people and members is seriously a bit of a joke tbh...

• Advertisement

NARGC Resolutions for AGM to be in for Friday. At Birr apparently a lot of talk about this, The AGM will be interesting this year.

Advertisement