Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

gunny123 wrote:
    Great, have the name or names of those who dreamt this crap up been released ? I'd like to know who they are.

Name and shame.

I hope there is a statement from the NARGC on this alone with the CA and WDA. Differences aside maybe we are looking at new age of co-operation. Well done to all who pushed hard, I'm sure we on Boards played our part.......any other rows need fixing..ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭LONG DRAG

I hope there is a statement from the NARGC on this alone with the CA and WDA. Differences aside maybe we are looking at new age of co-operation. Well done to all who pushed hard, I'm sure we on Boards played our part.......any other rows need fixing..ðŸ˜

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Am wondering is this and the deer issue,kite flying exercises as well?? Send up some idea and see if it attracts flack.If it does ,reel it in again and have another crack at it when we have sorted out all the objections to our[the original proposers] specific need??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote:
    Am wondering is this and the deer issue,kite flying exercises as well?? Send up some idea and see if it attracts flack.If it does ,reel it in again and have another crack at it when we have sorted out all the objections to our[the original proposers] specific need??

No...I think this was a serious attempt at ****ing the ordinary shooting guy over and I think embarrass the new order in the NARGC.

There is other stuff coming down the track that needs to be looked out for as said in the posts

I was chatting to our County Secretary he had sent letters to Heather Humphries and Francis Fitzgerald as well as the NARGC. Now if every County did similar by now they'd be realing and might be thinking twice of trying it again.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the FCP meeting. I wonder could you bug it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

I am hearing that the sports coalition backed these proposals today..what the actual f#@k..?

Irish Deer Society supported.. wtf?

I know who floated it but I may check with my legal people...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

I am hearing that the sports coalition backed these proposals today..what the actual f#@k..?

Irish Deer Society supported.. wtf?

I know who floated it but I may check with my legal people...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the FCP meeting. I wonder could you bug it....

Can we request a copy of the minutes under a FOI query?

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Can we request a copy of the minutes under a FOI query?

They will be available through NARGC I suppose at the GB meeting.

Backbarrel wrote:

Off Course they did...it takes leadership, moral fibre and courage to say I got it wrong......they are three qualities that the Sports Coalition lack in Spades.

Wait for the next haymaker and it's around "competency of shooters"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Off Course they did...it takes leadership, moral fibre and courage to say I got it wrong......they are three qualities that the Sports Coalition lack in Spades.

Wait for the next haymaker and it's around "competency of shooters"

They didn't get it wrong though, they want to do this and would have done so if everyone didn't kick up a stink. Whoever it was should be run down the road imho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

berettaman wrote: »
    Well lads,

Early rumour is that it is stopped for now, Gone from being a "done deal" to back on the table for discussion.(Can firmly kicked down road)..
    Had the good fortune today to bump into a rep that sits on the FCP. Paraphrasing here:

"While they are proposals its a live document. Counter proposals to them can be submitted, via your FCP rep (to keep it organised and not 100s of individual ones). Nothing is done and nothing is set in stone.

The overwheling response from the other reps (not the ones that penned this) was no way. No particular interest from AGS to impose any such "ban".
    "

So the next meeting is in July. All submissions of your own, or counter to these proposals should be sent to your FCP rep. The rep will then summarise all the proposals into point form. This way you don't have to go through 100's of proposals reading the same thing over and over. You rep will then submit these for discussion at the next meeting in July.
    Fair play to everyone on here that did their bit- Don't effin stop now!!
    Exactly. A million times this. Our voices were heard and now is the time to up the ante and keep the pressure on.
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    As above it was a serious proposal, but as a proposal still has a long way to go and many things can change, including the complete dismissal of them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Who's my FCP rep?
    I don't belong to any club. I'm primarily a vermin shooter but I also a the holder of a deer hunting Licence.

I feel that the majority of lads with 223s, 17hmrs, 22mags, and a pile of 22lrs (but to mention a few) are generally 'Loners'

They are affiliated with no groups or no NGB.

The only affiliation I have is with my insurance company the IFA..

But there are many that don't bother with shooting insurance.

Is it time for Vermin Shooters to form a collective that represents their as of yet unheard voices.

Be a challenge.But not impossible They do occasionally sweep govt offices and conference rooms with an outside counter surveillance team.. Would be very,very naughty to do so and useless and illegal to use the info in any shape or form,and rather old school these days to be sneaking about the place in a black polo and pants in the dead of night,[with or without you box of milk tray chocs] when you just maybe send Frannie or whomever on the FCP a covert text with a virus that takes over your I phone.But as a bucket list and a "fk you I just did it for the craic,and to show up your systems weakness" event..Priceless.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Who's my FCP rep?
    I don't belong to any club. I'm primarily a vermin shooter but I also a the holder of a deer hunting Licence.
    If you're not a member of an NGB, group, organisation or association then don't worry, you STILL have a voice.

You can send in your proposals or letter against the current ones. Send them to the various bodies. Multiple ones if you feel the need.

The only reason for asking to send it to your rep is that the rep can take the 50, 100, 200 proposals they get, list the amount of people that contacted him/her and then condense all the arguments contained within them into one cohesive argument.

If you don't belong it does NOT in any way, shape or form diminish the value of your opinion or input and for the love of God don't not send one in because you think it won't make a difference or because you're not a member of a group.
    Is it time for Vermin Shooters to for a collective that represents there as of yet unheard voices.
    It may not be a bad idea. One thing you'd need to consider is how many people are members of multiple groups and so are actually covered by a rep. I know i'm a member of a couple, but i'll write to the one i frequent most.

220,000 or so license with an estimated 140,000 people. NARGC, IFA, NASRPC, NRAI, CAI, and the rest of the bodies would make up quite a large amount of those. Probably in the 120,000+ mark.

So still leaves a large number (considering those estimates are anywhere realistic) without representation. SEt up a non profit, acquire insurance, have everyone join, then you're on the right path. Not sure how doable it is in a relatively short time frame, but doable none the less.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

By the way peoples i meant to say this earlier, but with the hustle of the last few days i never got around to saying it.

Well done to everyone.

The events of the last few days shows just how effective the shooting community can be when we actually pool our resources and stand together. Our voices were heard and our message was loud and clear. We will not tolerate any attack on our sport, especially from within.

Some might think this is over but it's not. The proposals are still live and we need to step up our writing campaign. Contact anyone and everyone you know and let them know what is happening. Keep the pressure on and make those responsible for such proposals listen to what we have to say.

If you don't want to write a letter you can print of sheets of paper, get your club members, friends, etc to sign it and send in your petition.

Again though, excellent work by everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Zxthinger wrote: »

The only affiliation I have is with my insurance company the IFA..

And judging by their response, they don't seem to be doing too much to counter these proposals.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    And judging by their response, they don't seem to be doing too much to counter these proposals.

No reply yet from the IFA "Countryside" to my email.

EDIT.....

With friends like this, who needs enemies......

http://www.clarechampion.ie/illegal-deer-lamping-a-dangerous-practice/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    No reply yet from the IFA "Countryside" to my email.

EDIT.....

With friends like this, who needs enemies......

http://www.clarechampion.ie/illegal-deer-lamping-a-dangerous-practice/

Am I reading this right or did I misread the article? That IFA spokesman reckons that apart from the illegality of it, shooting deer at night is dangerous but shooting at foxes at night isn't?

And this is the guy who is the IFA rep on the FCP?

Fcuk.

Am I reading this right or did I misread the article? That IFA spokesman reckons that apart from the illegality of it, shooting deer at night is dangerous but shooting at foxes at night isn't?

Fcuk.

Same guy who wanted the law changed, so that all 160 fully auto center-fire rifles in private hands could be confiscated by the Gardai ..........

And he thinks that the majority of fox shooting at night is currently with a shotgun ...

• Advertisement

Same guy who wanted the law changed, so that all 160 fully auto center-fire rifles in private hands could be confiscated by the Gardai ..........
    Yeah, illegal category A, prohibited firearms, but there are 160 of them registered in the state. :rolleyes:

Cass wrote: »
    Yeah, illegal category A, prohibited firearms, but there are 160 of them registered in the state. :rolleyes:

Yep, those are the ones he was convinced existed, and wanted taken out of circulation!

A plus twos and checked shirt type who cant figure out that a semi auto shotgun which he has ,is NOT capable of full auto fire,but somehow semi auto rifles in centrefire can do full auto.:rolleyes:

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    A plus twos and checked shirt type who cant figure out that a semi auto shotgun which he has ,is NOT capable of full auto fire,but somehow semi auto rifles in centrefire can do full auto.:rolleyes:

Two semi auto shotguns......

Even feckin worse!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

And he thinks that the majority of fox shooting at night is currently with a shotgun ...

.............capable of firing accurately at foxes out to 80 - 100yards!!!!!!!!

Found these two documents on another Irish shooting board.Might beof help to those planning some letter writing or door stepping in the future days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Fcuk.

I dont think he is not the FCP rep and as far as I know he has retired on health grounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Fcuk.

There is one in every village .............................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Cavan Shooter

The safe pass for shooters........i was told it's being pushed by a shooting rep who has formed a training company...........
    Any connection to this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057428330

Advertisement