Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

/reads the story just above it

Yeah, I think you have to be degraded in the eyes of right-thinking people for it to be defamation. This would only barely qualify on a technicality given its context :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

G'wan yiz 'gun gurriers'. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Going by the SC website of March 2017 Paul Walsh is acting chairman...Take it from there folks.

Acting the maggot chairman ?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Going by the SC website of March 2017 Paul Walsh is acting chairman...Take it from there folks.
    You might as well be trying to reason with Trump. This is a guy who champions himself as an expert deer manager, somehow wangled his way onto the CIC Ireland representative, does abseloutely nothing in his local gun club, advises people on FB to ignore ''shooting in progress'' warning signs at entrances to woods and is Des Croftons best buddy. I could tell you stuff that you wouldnt believe unless you knew him. Unfortunately we're stuck with him around here but nobody takes him seriously as a hunting man.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

This is a guy who has his very own thread here, all complimentary!!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056072483

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Granted Mssrs Tierney and Co are ranting nutjobs but at least you see what you get...

Pity you cant say the same for the sneaky Sports Coalition doing these deals behind everyones back. Unless the Sports Coalition and the individuals rapidly distance themselves from that letter, I would be boycotting every and any store/range/ and activity that any representative of the Sports Coalition is involved in. If they had any pride or honor left they would fall on their swords.

The NARGC voted at the last governing body meeting not to have anything to do with the Sports Coalition and to withdraw all support. They had better be having nothing to do with these and I mean everyone in the NARGC, and that needs to be reiterated on Saturday very strongly.

I am dismayed that the ICTSA not the deer crowd there rep is clear from day one:
    http://www.glendaloughhouse.ie/wildlife-management/hunter-tuition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

You might as well be trying to reason with Trump. This is a guy who champions himself as an expert deer manager, somehow wangled his way onto the CIC Ireland representative, does abseloutely nothing in his local gun club, advises people on FB to ignore ''shooting in progress'' warning signs at entrances to woods and is Des Croftons best buddy. I could tell you stuff that you wouldnt believe unless you knew him. Unfortunately we're stuck with him around here but nobody takes him seriously as a hunting man.
    You should have a look at his Facebook page for the range he runs in gorey,some shocking pictures of range safety(or lack of)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wouldn't spleens be better vented at Mr Walsh rather than here??;)

A bunch of very polite letters and emails ,[done as the late Kenny Evertt's chacter Cupid Stunt used to say "In the best possible taste":P] from individuals and clubs asking the following;
    1]Are you still in charge/repersenting of the SC?

2] WTF is going on with this nonsense in this organisation? Who is making these decisions and what not?

3] Would you care to remain in busisness as a gun dealer and range as we can all take our custom elsewhere,if this organisation continues with solo runs,and under the counter deals and shennanigans?
    A Boycott could be very easily arranged,and its not like gun dealers are rolling in clover either in Ireland these days.

Just sayin...;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Garda approved firearms safety courses ????As per FB posts..

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Garda approved firearms safety courses ????As per FB posts..

All courses are Garda approved

..otherwise theyd refuse the grant of your license;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Are they??? Because it sure would clear up a lot of questions for 1st time applicants as to which irish firearms training courses have an offical AGS approval rating and stamp that will be accepted by every Super in the land.

Garda rather than Gardai perhaps.

Also folks, could we ease up a little on the walk to the line drawn by the defamation act on here? So far I don't think it's been crossed but that line's got a habit of getting blurrier the closer you look and the last time a shooter crossed it was less than six months ago and the courts awarded seventy grand against him.

Sparks wrote: »
    Garda rather than Gardai perhaps.

Also folks, could we ease up a little on the walk to the line drawn by the defamation act on here? So far I don't think it's been crossed but that line's got a habit of getting blurrier the closer you look and the last time a shooter crossed it was less than six months ago and the courts awarded seventy grand against him.

BTW and not 100% sure as to truth, clay shoot talk etc......but a littel bird on a droppin g duck stand told me ..its apparently being appealed...and thats were we leave it.

BTW and not 100% sure as to truth, clay shoot talk etc......but a littel bird on a droppin g duck stand told me ..its apparently being appealed...and thats were we leave it.
    I was told the same,and we should all treat it like a gorse fire,"it may look like we put it out,but we all may hang around to make sure it stays out in case it could spark up"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Another well known vet putting his twopence worth in the local Bray People

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

ronn wrote: »
    Another well known vet putting his twopence worth in the local Bray People

But thats hunting with hounds rather than lamping and shooting. Don't open that can of worms or tierney will go into meltdown altogether.

gunny123 wrote: »
    But thats hunting with hounds rather than lamping and shooting. Don't open that can of worms or tierney will go into meltdown altogether.

"Mea Culpa" As my dear friend would say

At least for an Anti,he tried to have a balanced point of view in that article.Might have mentioned that a lot of this is also imported class warfare on foxhunting with horse& hound from the UK. But we digress.....

Sparks wrote: »
    Thursday, 18 May 2017
    Michael Healy-Rae (Kerry, Independent)
    185. To ask the Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht if she will address a matter (details supplied) regarding night-time shootings; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [23657/17]

Heather Humphreys (Cavan-Monaghan, Fine Gael)
    While I have no proposals to amend the Wildlife Acts, it is my understanding that a report has been produced by a working group set up by the Firearms Consultative Panel of the Department of Justice and Equality which recommends best practice guidelines on the issue of shooting and hunting at night. The report is now with the Firearms Consultative Panel itself and it is a matter for that body to further consider the recommendations in the report. An official of the National Parks and Wildlife Service of my Department is a member of the Firearms Consultative Panel.

I should state that I would support any best practice guidelines that promote health and safety but at the same time allows farmers/landowners protect their livelihoods.

What idiot brought that idiot into this?

Think the first sentence to the first comma and last short para of the minister is pretty important here?
    And as a law enforcement body native to our shores said "Shure they are just guidelines" :rolleyes:[Translated.Enforce them or not as law as you fancy yourself.]
    However,let's make sure they just stay as guidelines or best practise suggestions and don't become law.

• Advertisement

Looking for opinions here, I've printed out the petetion, I'll see some lads from my club today,(won't see the rest till the 1st of November😀😀😀)can I fill in the rest of the names myself, going on the basis it says name and not signature on the form,???
    Or should I contact the secretary and get him to text the members and inform them what I'm doing and if they have a problem with it contact me,??
    Any suggestion or opinions welcome

Your better getting the signatures from the lads. Can't have the antis casting doubt on the validity of the petition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Another story on it.

We all know the severity of these proposals, but if they gain any ground because those proposing them or those opposed to shooting are better at letter writing than we are then the shooting community should just hand our firearms in and kiss our sport goodbye.

We need to get more people not only signing the petition but calling, writing to and contacting their local councillor, TD, representative and write to the review committee vociing your opposition to them.

I've heard some lads talking about how they'll be guidelines and don't have legal enforcement. Do you really want to allow them to even start as guidelines?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »

I've heard some lads talking about how they'll be guidelines and don't have legal enforcement. Do you really want to allow them to even start as guidelines?
    I'd love to see lads argue that point with a guard at 2am after been stopped,when the guard has been told by his super that it's law

Exactly.

The Commissioners guidelines are an interpretation of how the law should be implemented and it is based on law. However some of it is also "best guideance" yet it's ALL enforced as law.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Identify that shooters are permitted to hunt on licences and leave it at that.
    That will preclude those that never sought there firearms for hunting form being out on the roads at night.
    (Maybe I'm way wrong here but it's just a thought)

AGS processed all my gun licences and have issued all but one of my licences based on my declaration that I intend to shoot animals at night.

AGS conditioned one of my firearms and stated that night-time shooting was not permitted unless I was engaged in the protection of farm stock.

Couldn't this existing control or condition be touted as an existing control thus no need for extra $h/t.

Just some thought and observations on the issue.

Just to add the AGS examine each case and decide if a firearm use is warranted thereby justifying the individuals Licence which allows it to be used as conditioned.

AGS have for years allowed nighttime shooting without issue. why change that.

I have heard that AGS have no interest in this. IOW they did not propose it, did not back it, and did not sign their name to it.

Secondly how could you police it? No rangers, few Garda? in rural areas and less in extremely rural areas.

Cass wrote: »
    I have heard that AGS have no interest in this. IOW they did not propose it, did not back it, and did not sign their name to it.

Secondly how could you police it? No rangers, few Garda? in rural areas and less in extremely rural areas.

How could it be policed?.. No need to police it.. Irish shooters are one of the most law abiding groups in Ireland.

Firstly-
    You say that AGS had nothing to do with this proposals.. thats important to note.
    Can that statement be publicly validated or proved. It would be a worthy statement in any opening augments or observations used to rubbish this nonsense
    Secondly- and less importantly..
    I just want to highlight that no further legislation is needed as AGS have a vehicle by which to set conditions..

• Advertisement

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Firstly-
    You say that AGS had nothing to do with this proposals.. thats important to note.
    No, i said i've heard they are not interested i pushing this. Its not a fact and should not be taken as such.
    Can that statement be publicly validated or proved. It would be a worthy statement in any opening augments or observations used to rubbish this nonsense
    Possibly through an FOI request but unless someone was dictating the meeting it'll only be minutes which may not include all responses/comments.
    Secondly- and less importantly..
    I just want to highlight that no further legislation is needed as AGS have a vehicle by which to set conditions..
    I mentioned it earlier or on the "Ban Night hunting" thread that they could impose such conditions on granting a license, however a few would be "ok", but to issue such conditions to all license holders may, as was pointed out, constitute a blanket ban or subversive way to create legislation without the legislators.

Advertisement