Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIGHT SHOOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

funny not a sausage of an update on Sports Coalitions website of this proposal and whats even more mind boggling these the lads that were making noise when some of their sporting discipline's were under fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Anyway that aside for the moment, it seems that the rumored proposals for continual assessment and training may have be dealt a blow.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1022914/solas-unlawfully-charging-tradesmen-millions-of-euro-to-renew-safepass-registration-cards-high-court-rules/

It might server to take the enthusiasm out of their sails..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The clay range I use had the petition on the counter this weekend, and it looked like a lot were signing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Gravelly wrote: »
    The clay range I use had the petition on the counter this weekend, and it looked like a lot were signing it.

Does anyone know where or have a link to the print friendly version of this petition..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

A petition where ever farmers, especially sheep farmers meet would be a great idea too. Marts, hardware stores, feed merchants etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Does anyone know where or have a link to the print friendly version of this petition..

Its on the NARGC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Hunter456 wrote: »
    funny not a sausage of an update on Sports Coalitions website of this proposal and whats even more mind boggling these the lads that were making noise when some of their sporting discipline's were under fire.

Spoke to lads at a shoot last week that reckoned they were good mates with the Chairman of the sports coalition. They were asking what all the petitions were about. When they found out they couldn't believe it...
    They were dubs and said they were going to "have a word"..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Backbarrel wrote: »
    they were going to "have a word"..

In The Sopranos / Goodfellas sense of the term?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

LOL:D

With a Dub accent there was a bit of a Love/Hate vibe to it alright..

I think the considered themselves mates of his and were genuinely surprised that their mate was heading an organisation supporting a curb on fox shooting at night..

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Spoke to lads at a shoot last week that reckoned they were good mates with the Chairman of the sports coalition. They were asking what all the petitions were about. When they found out they couldn't believe it...
    They were dubs and said they were going to "have a word"..
    If they can find him, he's gone to ground since all this broke. He was very vocal against the new NARGC committee in the last few months on FB groups but not a peep from him or his lackies in the last 3 weeks. He's been tagged on FB concerning the petition and hasn't acknowledged or responded. And none of the ''usuals'' have spoken out against this farce either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

We can but hope :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I see the prolific anti letter writer from Callan is putting his 2cents in on this topic in the press. Funny as always in their emotionalism and inaccruacy.:P
    second letter in the link
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/letters-to-the-editor-once-the-voice-of-the-irish-labour-doesnt-speak-for-me-now-35769214.html

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Can you link directly to it? I'm getting something about Blair, then Fitzpatrick. nothing shooting related.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Lads we cannot copy and paste the article. It's against the Copyright SI, hence illegal.

I just need a link to it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Cass wrote: »
    Lads we cannot copy and paste the article. It's against the Copyright SI, hence illegal.

I just need a link to it.

Sorry about that, thought I was being helpful,:-(
    The link worked for me :-)

Tierney has been ranting and raving since i was in short trousers, all that effort, hot air, writing letters to the media etc etc, and he has not achieved feck all.

ronn wrote: »
    Sorry about that, thought I was being helpful,:-(
    Not your fault. Minister Sherlock introduced this some years back. not only can you not copy an dpaste the article, you cannot copy part of it, or evne use the same wording as in the headline.

Ireland for ya.
    The link worked for me :-)

Nah, still the same Blair article.

In the end its not important. If the NPWS are gathering support from those that would seek to destroy and dismantle them as an organisation then it speaks volumes and says more to the preposterous nature of the the proposals than any of us could ever say.

Can you link directly to it? I'm getting something about Blair, then Fitzpatrick. nothing shooting related.

Scroll down the page..I said it was the 2nd letter in the link!:) Title "night hunting ban is enlightning"[Hohoho!!! the wit!]

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

gunny123 wrote: »
    Tierney has been ranting and raving since i was in short trousers, all that effort, hot air, writing letters to the media etc etc, and he has not achieved feck all.

Oh NO ! They have achived GREAT things in the 51 years ICABS has existed in Ireland.They are Muzzling greyhounds at coursing meets and [2] banning stag hunting [3]..Er.....ahem...oh......Come to me in a minute!!.....[Tumble weed rolls by and in the distance a dog barks......

Scrolling, now why didn't i think of that. :rolleyes::p

I CANNOT FIND IT.................

Oh feck it. I'm not that bothered.

• Advertisement

Scrolling, now why didn't i think of that. :rolleyes::p

I CANNOT FIND IT.................

Oh feck it. I'm not that bothered.

You are right, it is not worth bothering with, reading the ravings, half truths, and outright waffle of a crank.

DIRECTLY UNDER the Blair waffle....!! I can't link direct to it without violating posting guidelines and it doesn't have a direct link. Just read it for the humour.

is the deadline for gathering signature's tomorrow...

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    DIRECTLY UNDER the Blair waffle....!! I can't link direct to it without violating posting guidelines and it doesn't have a direct link. Just read it for the humour.
    Not arguing with ya lad, just taking the piss.

Maybe it's my settings, but under the Blair story is a link to subscribe, then other stories. None are the shooting one. Might be my adblocker, security settings or something like that.

Like you i cannot post a picture/screenshot for fear of falling foul of the copyright crap.

I'll take yer word it is what it is and knowing previous "articles" its the same waffle that usually gets ignored for the sensationalist, biased and nonsensical drivel we are well used to reading. I mean this is from the same cast of people that criticsed the Mars rover for spending money on sending stuff to other planets but not for giving every creature in the world a hug. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Hunter456 wrote:
    is the deadline for gathering signature's tomorrow...

FCP Meeting tomorrow. But I'd say keep getting it in.

Any sign of the instigator of all this ? Has he broken cover yet ?

FCP Meeting tomorrow. But I'd say keep getting it in.

Yes, a million times yes.

Don't let the foot of the pedal now. Any lapse in pressure and it could be seen as a cession of opposition.

Seems to be rattling a good few politicos and hopefully wake the fk up of the IFA.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/proposed-legislation-changes-could-prevent-farmers-protecting-their-livestock/

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Seems to be rattling a good few politicos and hopefully wake the fk up of the IFA.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/proposed-legislation-changes-could-prevent-farmers-protecting-their-livestock/

what it need, fare play to anyone who done right ups and explained the implication it will have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

Has there been any update on the FCP meeting yesterday?

Advertisement