Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forest on the edge?

• 17-04-2017 7:41pm

Relegation to the third tier a real possibility.

I dunno, when I see Bournemouth in the top flight and Forest battling to cling on in the Championship, I wonder. I mean, of course both clubs are where they should be, Bournemouth deserve huge credit for what they have achieved, Forest deserve to be near the end of the Championship. And it might just be my age, the nostalgic side of me remembers what a huge club they once were, European domination was slightly before my time but throughout the 80s their name still had a cache.

Comments

Great club. They've been in the third tier already in the recent past, if memory serves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Great club. They've been in the third tier already in the recent past, if memory serves.

Correct. They spend 3 seasons in League 1 between 2005 and 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Big club in my day!

Correct. They spend 3 seasons in League 1 between 2005 and 2008.

Of course, forgot they played Leeds down in the 3rd flight. It was pretty much the clash of the season in that division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sad to see, were a great club in my younger days, but if you check across all footballing countries, I'm sure you'll see once-great clubs in the lower leagues.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sad to see, were a great club in my younger days, but if you check across all footballing countries, I'm sure you'll see once-great clubs in the lower leagues.

Another one that puzzles, Coventry City at the foot of League 1. Unlike Forest, never a glamour club, but remember going to top flight games at Highfield Road and it was a neat ground, small but noisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I Believe in Miracles great documentary.

Looks like they could do with another miracle to get back to the past glories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Relegation to the third tier a real possibility.

I dunno, when I see Bournemouth in the top flight and Forest battling to cling on in the Championship, I wonder. I mean, of course both clubs are where they should be, Bournemouth deserve huge credit for what they have achieved, Forest deserve to be near the end of the Championship. And it might just be my age, the nostalgic side of me remembers what a huge club they once were, European domination was slightly before my time but throughout the 80s their name still had a cache.

Both clubs are where they should be?

Bournemouth declared Bankrupt and didnt pay their debtors - Avg Attendance 11k

Notts Forest - One of the original clubs, winners of National and International Trophies and average attendance of 20k+ in their bad times.

Dont support either but i disagree with where they should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Forest won't go down

Blackburn are ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Blackburn would be the 1st premier league winning club to drop to the 3rd tier a much more recent big club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Forest were always the team I picked in Football manager games, because they always had potential to instantly be better than they currently are.

It'll take a football manager style financial input to get them where they could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Blackburn would be the 1st premier league winning club to drop to the 3rd tier a much more recent big club

Our owners deserve it

They've ripped the heart and soul out of the club and they won't stop till they've devoured what's left of the corpse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Notts Forest - One of the original clubs, winners of National and International Trophies and average attendance of 20k+ in their bad times.

Fairly sure you can't use that average attendance figure against them when they have an 11K capacity stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Shame,id love to see them back in the prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Don't think Blackburn will win any games so we might be ok. We survive and the Greeks take over, happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've read that they don't like being called Notts Forest and never refer to themselves by that name either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Fairly sure you can't use that average attendance figure against them when they have an 11K capacity stadium.

You can hold it against them that they only have a stadium capable of holding 11k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've read that they don't like being called Notts Forest and never refer to themselves by that name either.

Because its incorrect.

Notts is an abbreviation for Nottinghamshire, not Nottingham

Its NOTTS County, but I think their short version is NOTTM forest. Or the full word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

It would be hilarious to see Birmingham go down after sacking their manager when he had them in seventh, outside the playoffs on goal difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bournemouth being bankrolled by a Russian businessman has a fair bit to do with their rise from the lower leagues. Not the sole reason obviously, but certainly helped them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Omackeral wrote: »

Its much better than what theyre normally called (see Miners Strike '84ish) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pretty much all clubs are where they should be though, a bit redundant to point it out but having more people attend your games does not mean you deserve to be higher than the points you have earned.

Advertisement