Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you turn your bike off?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't buy the argument that using the side stand switch to turn off the bike wears it out. It's not like turning the key moves the switch out of the way.

If it's important for safety, the best way to be sure it works is to use it routinely.

Everytime you use the sidestand, the sidestand switch still clicks into the on and off position.
    I imagine it is designed for thousands of these actions, so it won't wear out anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I just wait till I run outta juice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Everytime you use the sidestand, the sidestand switch still clicks into the on and off position.
    I imagine it is designed for thousands of these actions, so it won't wear out anytime soon.

Exactly, the sidestand switch cycles every time you park and it shouldn't make any difference whether the ignition is on or off at that time.

Clutch switch gets cycled even more often :)

I don't see any electrical rationale for being warned off using the kill switch regularly, but there's no reason to use it either - and in a jammed throttle scenario it could be your last line of defence.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Kill switch. It's a pain re-inserting the screwdriver all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What's that?

You can turn them on with the key, take the key out and put it in your pocket and just use the ignition switch to turn it on and off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cienciano wrote: »
    I wonder if americans do it because of the popularity of Harleys and their bizarre key removal set up?

I've had a Dyna and they have the key down at the frame headstock. All the touring models have theirs at the dash like most other bikes. The locks mind you are only to lock the forks. All modern Harleys are keyless.

Advertisement