Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What baby girl names do you find quite common!?

Options
124»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Martha and Alice are two lovely names that you'd also rarely hear.

every second 3 year i met is called Alice, Mia Ella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

John Mason wrote: »
    every second 3 year i met is called Alice, Mia Ella!

Popular names seem to be localised. I haven't heard of an Alice here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I live next door to one.

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Popular names seem to be localised. I haven't heard of an Alice here at all.

Agree with this, never met any Alice/Mia's in the west!

I live next door to one.

I'll get me coat.

:D

Forgot about that song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Charlotte moving rapidly up the charts, too.
    One new entrant that is becoming quietly popular but still in a small, niche way is "Fia" - it is Irish for Deer.
    Freya also offering a serious challenge to the established favourites.
    I also hear of little baby girls called Lucy, Daisy and Zara.

Believe me, you don't want too common a name. We nearly called my son Stephen - didn't - then he wound up in a class of 22 with three Stephens.
    Conor fared even worse - I loved the name and at the time didnt think it was too common (1980's)
    but when he went to Montessori school, there was 10 boys in the class, three of whom were called Conor. They all got nicknames.
    They went to school with a plethora, a veritable population explosion, of Lauras, Emilys, Aoifes, Ciaras, Sarahs and Kates.

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Charlotte moving rapidly up the charts, too.
    One new entrant that is becoming quietly popular but still in a small, niche way is "Fia" - it is Irish for Deer.
    Freya also offering a serious challenge to the established favourites.
    I also hear of little baby girls called Lucy, Daisy and Zara.

Believe me, you don't want too common a name. We nearly called my son Stephen - didn't - then he wound up in a class of 22 with three Stephens.
    Conor fared even worse - I loved the name and at the time didnt think it was too common (1980's)
    but when he went to Montessori school, there was 10 boys in the class, three of whom were called Conor. They all got nicknames.
    They went to school with a plethora, a veritable population explosion, of Lauras, Emilys, Aoifes, Ciaras, Sarahs and Kates.

Yes! I was just thinking that the other day. I've heard of about 5 Fia/Fiadhs baby girls in the last year. How do these names get so popular and catch on so quick.

Advertisement