Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of car for scrap

Options
  • 17-04-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a company who will remove a car for scrap in the Newbridge area? I' don't want to pay so Im looking for them either to do it for free or to pay me for the scrap value.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Price of metal isn't worth that much that permitted companies will take it for free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Get your car collected for free is best outcome. Only value is the cat. Scrap is worthless at the moment and will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Kildare co co will tell you. AFAIK Higgins in Kilcock has the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Chicken Byrne will give you €50 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Cazale wrote: »
    Anyone know of a company who will remove a car for scrap in the Newbridge area? I' don't want to pay so Im looking for them either to do it for free or to pay me for the scrap value.

If its starting and moving, throw it up on donedeal at 250.
    If no calls after a few days, then look into scrapping it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I used these guys in January, and it was no hassle at all.

http://www.felixgormley.ie/

I didn't get any money for the car, but it didn't cost me anything either. They make an appointment and come and take it away, along with the logbook, which they send on to Shannon. You get the Cert of Destruction about a week later from Shannon.

Advertisement