Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair ramp in Eyre Square & public urination

Options
  • 17-04-2017 10:37pm

As anyone that walks through Eyre Square by the wheelchair ramp (near the playground) knows, there is a huge issue with public urination right there. I've passed by numerous people during the process of or after, with a stream of foul-smelling urine making the way down the slope.

You can be almost guaranteed that there is a disgusting smell there almost constantly.

I believe that the wheelchair ramp there should be blocked off fully with the ramp itself moved closer to the middle, within full view.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A weak electric current running the length of it should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

And a webcam broadcasting the results!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its a good thing it never rains in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I agree that it should be moved to a more central location and in a more open fashion. As it is, it's basically nothing more than an alley for people to piss in.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Is there any reason why the walls on either side were built up in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have had to use there ever since they cut down the trees.

Your Face wrote: »
    I have had to use there ever since they cut down the trees.

I'm presuming you're joking, because if you weren't, I'd say "use the public loo on the far side or enter a f*cking pub, you ignorant pr***k."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm presuming you're joking, because if you weren't, I'd say "use the public loo on the far side or enter a f*cking pub, you ignorant pr***k."

This weeks Advertiser -
    "Man gets angry over fictional situation"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Are pub toilets not for paying customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

on the topic of public urination, there seems to be an awful lot more men peeing in church lane these days. Pretty much every second time I walk down there there's a man with his willy out having a pee in the middle of the day. It's so sick! And the lane is really starting to smell disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Why don't they have these :

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Wasn't there toilets there once?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

on the topic of public urination, there seems to be an awful lot more men peeing in church lane these days. Pretty much every second time I walk down there there's a man with his willy out having a pee in the middle of the day. It's so sick! And the lane is really starting to smell disgusting.

Well we have a Latin Quarter, a West End and an East Village now, so why not this:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gctest50 wrote: »
    Why don't they have these :

That's torturously slow. What if it starts closing mid stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's torturously slow. What if it starts closing mid stream?

Jaysus! There'd be times I would be down on my knees waiting for it.

Advertisement