Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress advice

• 17-04-2017 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

I've been invited to my boyfriend's neighbour's wedding in a few weeks and I'm wondering if this dress would work. I already own it, so would save me time and money. I'm willing to part with some of both it it's not right, but I don't know the bride or groom, so would prefer not to go mad. I've not been to a wedding since I was a child and suddenly have three this year!

My mother isn't sure if it's "fancy enough" and now has me confused about it. One of her issues was she thought the top of the dress was jersey material, but it's actually not.

I was thinking of swapping the bow belt (it comes with that) for a thin red one and paring with red shoes. I also have a black petticoat/underskirt I can wear. I'm 25 and size 16 if that's relevant.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

sinead-black-and-white-stripes-swing-dress-p3124-19071_zoom.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What kind of fabric is the top? I'd have assumed it was jersey type fabric too.
    To be honest I think it would be fine for the afters of a wedding but I'd consider it too casual for the full day - I think it's the stripy, sleeved top that does it.
    On the other hand, you do you: if you're comfortable in it, go for it!
    I'd stick with the belt that's on it as a skinny red belt would make it look even more like a skirt worn with a casual top IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭JennyZ

Stripes can sometimes look a bit casual but it's a lovely dress, I think a thin red belt would actually make it look more casual though, I'd stick with the black bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

It's super cute. If you style it right (like the girl in the pic, with red lips, nails, vintage hair do and a nice accessory or hat, good shhoes etc) I think it's perfect for a spring/summer wedding.
    If you like dresses like that and are prepared to spend a wee bit of money (€40-60) maybe look at Lindy Bop online for similar cuts in loads of different fabrics/designs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Glitter wrote: »
    It's super cute. If you style it right (like the girl in the pic, with red lips, nails, vintage hair do and a nice accessory or hat, good shhoes etc) I think it's perfect for a spring/summer wedding.
    If you like dresses like that and are prepared to spend a wee bit of money (€40-60) maybe look at Lindy Bop online for similar cuts in loads of different fabrics/designs.

It actually is a Lindybop dress - the "Sinead". I got it from Little Wings Factory. They do beautiful dresses so I will go look again at their selection!

Thanks all for the advice. It's not for a few weeks, so I'm going to see if I can get nice accessories for it and see how I feel about it. If I see something else in the meantime, I'll do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 graciegirl

You could always add accessories if you feel its not dressy enough. The outfit looks super cute. An irish online store <SNiP> does good accessories for women :) x

• Advertisement
Advertisement