Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carb missing T Piece

• 18-04-2017 8:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am doing a bit of a clean / rebuild on the carbs of my Bandit 1200. I noticed that they are missing two T pieces that join carb 1-2 and 3-4.

These are breather hoses I believe, but do you think I need to replace them ? Could this be the cause of a very minor rough running at low rpm ( below 2k ). The previous owner also had holes cut in the air box and then covered back up. So he was obviously messing with carbs. But jets are standard and everything set to factory settings. Bike runs like a train except for this fluffyness at very low rpm.

Its a bit of a pain if I have to order the T pieces. I kinda needed the bike back on the road this weekend but sure what can you do.

Picture attached (not mine) to show you what piece I am talking about.

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/kavick/media/Bandit%201200%20Rebuild/DSCN2200_zpsfb703aca.jpg.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wouldn't bother replacing them tbh. .but I would turn them to face downwards...

Advertisement