Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International currency exchange and transfer

• 18-04-2017 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking at sending money from my Irish bank account to a foreign bank account in a different currency, both accounts are registered under my name. The traditional banks charge a lot of money for a simple transfer, I have been looking in internet and found www.xe.com, they have no fees and the exchange rate seems decent, are there any other and better alternatives? any tips regarding the above? thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I use Currencyfair to send money to the states and find them good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

+1 Currency Fair use them all the time, once setup eaasy to use and great rates, $4 fee is all u pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Currencyfair or transferwise are both excellent for once off or rare transfers.. if you're doing a regular or occasional transfer use Revolut

all of the above are safe

Advertisement