Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert, 25 Nov 3Arena

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Brad Socrates Osmund

amadablam wrote: »
    Looking at the seating plan, I cant find the section my tickets are allocated to. Would anyone know where section GA1 is?

GA (General Admission). It's a standing ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

I'm surprised, actually shocked that the gig didn't sell out in 20 minutes and tickets are still available.
    No queue, no waiting... but as you've mentioned- crap seats available.
    I decided to buy standing ticket on seatwave, feck it, my dream will come true to see them live.

I saw them back in 2005 in the Point Depot when Paul Rodgers was on vocal duties. Let's face it, no one could ever come close to replicating Mercury's voice or showmanship, but it was a good gig in fairness to Rodgers. Being a fan of Bad Company, Free and Queen, it was a fun collaboration to witness (they played a selection of songs from each band's catalogue, but mostly Queen). I don't really get the Adam Lambert connection though. But maybe that's because I'm an old fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

I don't ''like'' their choice either... but going to see Bri live, I'm sure gig will be amazing

I don't ''like'' their choice either... but going to see Bri live, I'm sure gig will be amazing

I hear you, the opportunity to see May ripple across the frets will be worth the price of admission alone. He didn't disappoint in 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I've no doubt that a large amount of tickets are being held back especially for the UK gigs,its standard industry practice.
    You surely know this ,you go to alot of gigs.

Its the oldest trick in the book ,hold back tickets in the onsale today to drive up the hype and get people to buy the crap seats or VIP options or buy off resale sites that the promoter has supplied tickets to.
    Ticketmaster work on the principle of selling the worst seats first .
    For this tour all the seats are the same price so there is more emphasis on selling the crap seats first.

These Queen gigs are very fishy.
    People reporting no tickets available on the ticket sites this morning at 10am when they went on sale.
    People saying that they were on the AXS site this morning when the second gig was announced ,and they got through the waiting room in seconds ,which indicates low demand ,yet they couldn't get any lower level seats .
    These have obviously been held back for VIP sales ,like Lady Gagas tour.

The gigs aren't on until November ,that 7 months away ,plenty of time for the promoters to magically find extra tickets to sell .

The standing layout is wrong.
    I was searching for tickets in the presale yesterday and it was offering me seats in row 6 .
    Row 21 is the first row according to the seating plan.

I wasn't disputing with you about the idea that tickets get held back.

I was suggesting that the idea of holding tickets back, to make the gig appear more sold out than it might be, so that people might buy VIP ticket packages instead, might be a risky strategy, because I don't think, in the case of these Queen shows in Dublin or Belfast, that a meet and greet with the band, is part of either of the two VIP packages on offer.

I was suggesting that if it is the case that there is no meet and greet with the band, as part of either of the two VIP package ticket options, that people might be less inclined to buy these VIP tickets.

I'm not sure about the idea that Ticketmaster sells the worst tickets first.

For example in the 3 Arena, I think the less expensive tickets are usually towards the back of Blocks H and P in the Upper Balcony, which are the seated blocks on the extreme left and right hand sides. I think when you select seated tickets, it selects seats in the other blocks between blocks A and G, if they are still available, before the ones further back in the upper balcony between Blocks H and P.

Would it not be more the case, that in pre-sales for gigs in the 3 Arena, that if you are looking for a seated ticket, whatever row and block that is made available to buy at the pre-sale, may not be as near to the stage, as you might get if you decided to wait until the general sale.

But that the risk in waiting for the general sale, is that if the demand is huge, you might not get any tickets at all.

In the 3 Arena, often the upper balcony is completely partitioned off, and sometimes, in the upper balcony, the side seated Blocks H and P will be partitioned off, with a screen that looks like a brick wall.

Would it not be more likely that they'd sell the flat seats and tiered seated areas from Block A to G, on the day of general release, and then if there is still demand for tickets, that they would then release tickets for the blocks in the upper balcony, from H to P?

Sometimes in the upper balcony, in the 3 Arena, the middle seated blocks L and M are the only open blocks. That would suggest that the better situated seated blocks gets opened for ticket sales before the blocks on the extreme right and left and sides (Blocks H and P).

I heard Nathan Carter speaking about his show at the 3 Arena on Ray D'Arcy, recently, and from what he was saying, it sounds like they had initially intended to have a smaller layout, but when the demand for tickets was clear, they released more tickets in seated blocks that weren't initially intended to be opened.

He said that it was intended to have a layout to cater for 5000 capacity but it sold out within three weeks. He said they then got confirmation that they could sell more tickets, so they then used the layout with a capacity of 9000.

It's an interesting interview. Nathan Carter said Peter Aiken approached him with the idea of doing arena shows, and Nathan Carter initial response was that he wasn't sure that it'd work, as he had not done venues of the size of the SSE Arena in Belfast, or the 3 Arena, before.

He underestimated himself, in thinking it wouldn't work.

http://rte.ie/r.html?rii=b9_21152734_19148_30-03-2017_

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/ray/programmes/2017/0330/863859-ray-darcy-thursday-30-march-2017/?clipid=2445779

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Same as a lot on here. Only offered sh!te seats so held off. Didn't want to pay that much for nose bleed crap seats. If some more seats become available I'll try again. Won't lose much sleep if not. I find it hard to believe it sold out so quickly with prices that high.

Same as a lot on here. Only offered sh!te seats so held off. Didn't want to pay that much for nose bleed crap seats. If some more seats become available I'll try again. Won't lose much sleep if not. I find it hard to believe it sold out so quickly with prices that high.

It might be worth keeping a regular check on toutless.com. The rule is that people don't sell above face value.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27650

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It might be worth keeping a regular check on toutless.com. The rule is that people don't sell above face value.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27650

There will be plenty more tickets released for this gig between now and November ,its nowhere near sold out .

When they cant flog the rip off VIP seats ,which are the first 10 rows of seating ,for 356 euro ,they will put these back on general sale.

356 euro for a good seat and a load of junk ,a VIP laminate,a programme and 3 drink vouchers.:rolleyes:
    The I Want It All VIP Experience

1 reserved best seat in the house in the first 10 rows of the front raised seating blocks either side of stage
    Exclusive Queen + Adam Lambert gift to VIP packages only
    Official VIP laminate
    3 Drink Vouchers
    Official Programme
    Early Entry to venue 5pm

Good seats in Block E and F on sale now .
    Ticketmaster up to its usual tricks .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cheers for the heads up, got 2 decent seats there. Delighted I held off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Indeed, it is curious. A few minutes ago, when I select Best Available for 2 tickets, it is selecting 2 tickets in Block B, row 28, Seats 60 and 61, and when I select 4 tickets, it offers in Block B, Row 28, Seats 42, 43, 44 and 45,

It didn't select any standing tickets, when I selected to search for standing.

And if I try for 8 tickets, or 6 tickets, using the best available, it doesn't select anything.

I searched for 1 standing ticket and it didn't select any standing, but did offer a seat in Block F, Row 27, Seat 148.

When I search for 1 seated ticket is results in the same seat, Block F, Row 27, Seat 148.

Which rows in Blocks E and F were available earlier on?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I got row 24 in block F, seats right beside block E

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Too slow, missed them again :-(

Too slow, missed them again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Should of waited but happy enough with my block G tickets (loved the view I had for u2 there)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Having watched some of the video on the first page, and having seen Queen with Freddie, I would safely say that I wouldn't go out to the back garden if they were playing there with that Lambert dung. John Deacon is the only one with sense and integrity :mad:

Having watched some of the video on the first page, and having seen Queen with Freddie, I would safely say that I wouldn't go out to the back garden if they were playing there with that Lambert dung. John Deacon is the only one with sense and integrity :mad:

I'd love to see Queen with Marc Martell instead of Lambert ,I think he sounds just like Freddie .

Lambert is a poor singer and his histrionics are very annoying ,he is like something out of a circus.

Adam Lambert annoys me but im going to hear the classics. Be cool to see Brian May and Roger Taylor, pity John Deacon Retired but i think he had no interest in these new line ups

This lineup is very x factor though

Only a few weeks away now

Euro leg starts on the 1st November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only a few weeks away now

Euro leg starts on the 1st November

Really looking forward to this!! Have no willpower so will be looking for setlists on 2nd November!!

Really looking forward to this!! Have no willpower so will be looking for setlists on 2nd November!!

Yeah can't wait but hoping it's not ruined by drunk people. I love queen and will be having a few jars before hand but taking it easy but they will be 'Xmas party types' who will go and be messy. It's going to be a great night and even better when we see the set lists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

What time will they go on stage at, does anyone know? Ticket says doors 6:30 which seems early if they’re not starting til 9ish?

Wondering if I could squeeze in the Ireland-Argentina game at 5:30 in the Aviva beforehand.

jsms88 wrote: »
    What time will they go on stage at, does anyone know? Ticket says doors 6:30 which seems early if they’re not starting til 9ish?

Wondering if I could squeeze in the Ireland-Argentina game at 5:30 in the Aviva beforehand.

I'd say MCD will post the show times in the week of the gig. Keep checking MCD's facebook and twitter, to make sure.

To be certain that you don't miss anything, I would say it is best to consider that they'd be onstage well before 9pm.

Many headline bands start well before 9pm, for example, if they intend playing a two hour set.

Support bands in the 3 Arena would often be on stage between 7pm and 8pm, sometimes as early as 7pm.

Last night The Doobie Brothers were onstage at 7.30pm.

Often headline bands start at 8pm, if there is no support band, for example Bob Dylan.

When Roger Waters played The 3 Arena in 2011, he started at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Adam Lambert annoys me but im going to hear the classics. Be cool to see Brian May and Roger Taylor, pity John Deacon Retired but i think he had no interest in these new line ups

This lineup is very x factor though

I saw Train in London last week and I got a pleasant surprise when they did a superb cover version of Under Pressure

Tickets for Dublin back on sale ,good seats

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

So so excited!

Tickets for Dublin back on sale ,good seats

Have you decided to attend? You had mentioned before about having a reluctance to see this line up of the band.

I think you'd enjoy the show.

It's over 12 years since Brian May and Roger Taylor played here with a Queen line up.

The line up, with Paul Rodgers, only played here once, in Dublin and Belfast, in May 2005.

I thought the line up of the band with Paul Rodgers would have stayed together longer than it did. I really enjoyed the show in The Point in May 2005.

• Advertisement

Have you decided to attend? You had mentioned before about having a reluctance to see this line up of the band.

I think you'd enjoy the show.

It's over 12 years since Brian May and Roger Taylor played here with a Queen line up.

The line up, with Paul Rodgers, only played here once, in Dublin and Belfast, in May 2005.

I thought the line up of the band with Paul Rodgers would have stayed together longer than it did. I really enjoyed the show in The Point in May 2005.

Yes m8,I am going ,the missus is a huge fan of Queen so it's her birthday present.
    I picked up 2 good seats this morning for the folks so should be a good night out.

Advertisement