Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a run down property

Options
  • 18-04-2017 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All - i recently went looking at a property in a location i like but the condition is very run down and would need a fair bit of work done to it before it was even fit for living in.

This is where I'm a bit lost... Who would be the best person to give me a ball park idea of how much things are likely to cost. Would it be a QS, an architect or local builder?

Obviously I know there could unforseen costs but just a general steer as to how much new windows, kitchen, knocking a few walls, painting and general updating the property to a liveable condition. Maybe tell me if the electrics or heating etc need updating.

Need to try figure out given the level of works would it even make sense to consider a bid on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Depends on when the building was built?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Charlie_C

robp wrote: »
    Depends on when the building was built?

Roughly 1970s - the structure seems sound enough... Just obviously an old person lived there and did not modernise the property at all over the years

Advertisement