Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The well near Kenstown

Options
  • 18-04-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

For those of you who travel through Kenstown, you are probably aware of the well at the side of the road (http://www.geograph.ie/photo/994411) on the way to the N2.

Can anyone tell about the water quality from the well or where I might find such information.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

I drive by it nearly every day and often see cars pulled over with people filling containers of water.

I always wondered why someone would fill water there. Is the well supposed to be lucky or holy or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

PCX wrote: »
    I drive by it nearly every day and often see cars pulled over with people filling containers of water.

I always wondered why someone would fill water there. Is the well supposed to be lucky or holy or something?

I heard the quality of the water was very good, but with no actual proof of this.

I've a empty 5 litre container in the car I will fill up with this evening, fingers crossed it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Its called the lions mouth and the water is straight from a spring but not sure of the quality now. Im sure if it wasnt suitable for drinking it would be closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Its called the lions mouth and the water is straight from a spring but not sure of the quality now. Im sure if it wasnt suitable for drinking it would be closed off.

There have been warning notices posted on it before, I believe it is tested, though how regularly I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Over the years I've heard various things like it has a cure for a sprain and it was a stop off for St. Patrick on the way to Tara. Very few people ever remember it running dry.
    The water is lovely out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I passed by this yesterday evening and there were 5 or 6 cars filling up on account of the water issues across east Meath at present.

I did the same myself this morning, would this water need to be boiled before consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I occasionally drink the water straight from it, it is quite nice.

No need to boil

Advertisement