Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 - €10,000 Betting Challenge

Options
  • 18-04-2017 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

After reading a few threads on this forum discussing a Twitter tipster that went on a short odds winning streak and ended up with a huge following I became interested in how quickly something like this can become popular.

If you were going to do something like this how would you structure it?

One strategy would be to back short priced favourites for 100% of the current bankroll and withdraw a percentage after a number of bets to be held in a separate bank which can be used if the betting log loses a bet.

Example:
    • If someone started with €50 and bet everything on 1.25 odds bets.
    • Withdraw a third of the bankroll after 5 winning bets.

You would reach 10,000 from a starting balance of 50 after 33 bets but with this strategy you would have more than one chance as you would be putting money aside throughout the betting log.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Starting Balance 50.00 Banked Amount 3,437.57
    Average Odds 1.25 Betting Balance 6,925.53
    Banked Percentage 33% Total 10,363.10

Bet #1 - #5
    Betting Balance 50.00
    Balance After 5 Bets 152.59
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 50.86
    Betting Balance 101.73

Bet #6 - #10
    Betting Balance 101.73
    Balance After 5 Bets 310.44
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 103.48
    Betting Balance 206.96

Bet #11 - #15
    Betting Balance 206.96
    Balance After 5 Bets 631.59
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 210.53
    Betting Balance 421.06

Bet #16 - #20
    Betting Balance 421.06
    Balance After 5 Bets 1,284.98
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 428.33
    Betting Balance 856.65

Bet #21 - #25
    Betting Balance 856.65
    Balance After 5 Bets 2,614.30
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 871.43
    Betting Balance 1,742.87

Bet #26 - #30
    Betting Balance 1,742.87
    Balance After 5 Bets 5,318.81
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 1,772.94
    Betting Balance 3,545.87

Bet #31 - #33
    Betting Balance 3,545.87
    Balance After 3 Bets 6,925.53
    Withdraw To Bank 33% 0.00
    Betting Balance 6,925.53

If during the betting challenge there is a losing bet the challenge will continue using 25% of the balance in the reserve bank (minimum €50).

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Have seen a number of these challenges done as a group on various Facebook pages and always wanted to try it. Did a similar thing playing online blackjack, made a small profit but gave up as I got too greedy and almost lost it all. Would be pretty good to see the Boards community come together to pick a bet as close to a certainty as possible.

How often would you consider placing a bet?

There could be something where people suggest a bet on here and if it gets 10 likes its the bet.

I would probably pick 1 bet a week, 2 the odd week.

It could potentially be done in 33 bets.

I'll give it a run on Twitter starting this weekend. I'm curious to see how some of these Twitter accounts that do the same thing get such huge numbers of followers.

• Advertisement

Thinking of starting mine with Real Madrid to qualify @ 1.28 William Hill, or else btts @1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm observed a few of these tipster also, interested to see how ya get on. Discipline will be key which sadly is something I lack :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

The structure is very interesting . I'd like to try this with GAA betting particularly in provincial championships but getting the higher stake bets on could be an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

There are many plus, and also many minuses to this.

The main plus is that it's a challenge type event, and thus starts with a low initial investment over long duration.

A couple of minus points are that:
    i) There is chance of account closure if it does go well, and thus has sequential, ascending withdrawals (unless using BFE).
    ii) Possible time-hungry activity (seeking certs), unless it's just done twice a week or so e.g. midweek & Sat.

Risk elimination is critical, so DNB or 'double chance' results are best.
    FFT used to prefer Over 0.5 (occasionally 1.5) etc. Good luck!

I'll take your advice on board Accumulator, will reduce the risk as much as possible and choose bets with at least an 80% expected strike rate. I'm not really clued in to Twitter marketing but I am very curious how these tipsters get to 50,000 followers so I've set up an account and will get started this week.

If anybody has any advice or selections let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I'm not on Twitter myself but would be interested in following your selections if you would put them here as well

Started my own recently, however I'm a firm believer of "Only gamble what you can afford to lose" which unfortunately is only 20e at the moment - I'm a college student with rent to pay etc. 4 bets up so far and logging everything on an excel sheet. Not very interesting considering the current low stakes but if I get to a high enough amount I'll probably start a log in the respective thread.

I know the higher you start, the quicker you'll make money but having studied numerous maths module I know the power of compounding.

20% stake on Utd to win tonight @ 1.22 WH
    10% on Sevilla -1 tomorrow @ 1.5 PP
    20% on -4.5 goals Shalke v Ajax @ 1.12 WH

Do you think 50% is a lot to risk in one go? I've never attempted these before.

The way I look at this @Daledge is that the point is to turn a very small amount of money into a large amount of money in a relatively short period of time.... that doesn't fit with good bankroll management so in any sense 50% stakes are a bad idea.

If you start with €20 and aim to turn it into €1,000 for example and;

Stake 50% of your bankroll on each bet which will be at odds of 1.25 for ease you will need to win 34 bets.

You will grow your starting balance 50x in 34 bets.

With the strategy I laid out in the first post I aim to grow my starting balance 200x in 33 bets.

To be honest neither strategy is good in the general sense but if you start with an amount of money that you are willing to lose and treat it as a bit of fun then give it a go.... you might actually pull it off.

My reason for doing this is a marketing experiment on Twitter. I will obviously be very careful with my bets and only choose from games I have priced up myself but i have to see for myself how these guys operate.

Have you any links to the Twitter pages? Would be interested in following myself.

@Moderators, I hope this is not a problem to post a link. If it is can you delete the post and I won't post a link again.

https://twitter.com/betting10k

If I'm missing a trick (I'm missing many) on Twitter let me know.

I won't be making any BOOM posts:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Are you keeping it on twitter or gona post here too?

I'll probably keep this one on Twitter as the chances of success are low and I'm doing it to see how these type of accounts become so popular.

I'll stick to my regular betting log on boards as those are the tips/strategy I hope people are paying attention to.

I don't want to spend too much time on this challenge so a few quick Twitter posts will be the extent of my effort.

Division wrote: »
    @Moderators, I hope this is not a problem to post a link. If it is can you delete the post and I won't post a link again.

https://twitter.com/betting10k

If I'm missing a trick (I'm missing many) on Twitter let me know.

I won't be making any BOOM posts:)

That green hue may require some sort of 'special use of colour' wavier :p

Most of these run from the 365's Aff scheme, they even provide some recommended markets to auto-populate slips. It's pretty much beyond saturation point however, via this tw method.

Can gain some followers by following the leaders and commenting that you got it right, whenever they get it wrong (if such is the case). It's a decent handle to start with - does what it says on the tin: Betting10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think i'll start one myself tonight. Might start with a tenner and see if I can turn it into €100. Should we start a new thread for anyone else thinking of doing the same. Don't want to hijack this thread.

I wouldn't be the type to be on Twitter telling some lad that my opinion was better than his:)

I'm not looking to make money from it so won't bother with the Bet365 autopopulated slips. I wouldn't trust any of these Twitter tipsters to click on their shortened URLs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'll start now with 5euro. Higher odds than I'd normally do for this.
    Man utd 8/11
    5 returns 8.64

It's not easy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I'll start now with 5euro. Higher odds than I'd normally do for this.
    Man utd 8/11
    5 returns 8.64

It's not easy

Its better to lose a fiver than €500 after a few bets:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Also jumping on the bandwagon. :P

Starting with Jong Ajax @ 1/4

How are you planning to do it Liordi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I haven't thought that far ahead. I placed €40 on Ajax to win tonight. If that wins I'll see how it goes from there.

Take out some money as you go along. It will take longer to reach your target but you will likely be better off in the end.

Take out some money as you go along. It will take longer to reach your target but you will likely be better off in the end.

What about banking that amount rather than processing a withdrawal, i.e. Reduce state when it's applicable.

Once did 5 or so sequential withdrawals with Coral years ago, then their risk people sent me an email and said we can't be friends anymore.

Most of these challenges also start with just 10 or 25, it's not as bad loosing the price of a couple of fancy coffees or a tourist pints, that fifty.

What about banking that amount rather than processing a withdrawal, i.e. Reduce state when it's applicable.

I'm not sure what you mean. I keep all the funds in PayPal. Lodge, bet, hopefully withdraw all in the same day usually. Haven't had an issue because of this approach yet.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you mean. I keep all the funds in PayPal. Lodge, bet, hopefully withdraw all in the same day usually. Haven't had an issue because of this approach yet.

Can just keep the funds but reduce the stake every 5 goes assuming wins. Everytime you send something back out to Payal or wherever, your customer profile deteriorates, particularly if sequential. But if it's using the exchanges, then of course not an issue.

Advertisement