Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours tree and tree surgeon advice

Options
  • 18-04-2017 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

i have just moved into a new build house. its a small estate and what was there before was a period house with a large garden.

I believe the developer gave some of the trees from the original property to the people behind us whose houses back onto ours. They had some concerns over privacy etc.

so far so good.

now one of the trees (large old tree ill take a pic tmrw) is on the neighbours land but is mostly over our garden, there are dead branches falling off of it and its an eye sore. it needs to be pruned extensively. The angle here doesnt show it so well.

Pictured here:

IMG_1317_zpsts0bzf5h.jpg

There is also another tree belonging to another neighbour which is smaller but there is a similar issue where it is coming in over a party wall.

Pictured here:

IMG_1417_zpsnylxbfs8.jpg

My understanding is that i am well within my rights to have the portion of the the tree that comes over the boundary cut. Im assuming the best course of action is to contact both neighbours and let them know lest they have any concerns or would rather have it done themselves to as to control what happening to their property?

also can anyone pm me a recommended tree surgeon south dublin?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I would agree that the first one - the conifer - would be a cause for concern, I also agree that the best approach would be to talk to the neighbours in question and see if you can agree on what needs to be done.

Advertisement