Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Teamtalk/Gossip/Rumours thread 2017

• 18-04-2017 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭

I think we should have a thread for Spurs on here even if a lot of their fans use the other part of the site.

They are currently four points of the leaders Chelsea in the Premier league and look like they are getting stronger as the season comes to an end.

Here is their squad,
    Goalkeepers

1 - Hugo Lloris
    13 - Michel Vorm
    30 - Pau Lopez
    Defenders

2 - Kyle Walker
    3 - Danny Rose
    4 - Toby Alderweireld
    5 - Jan Vertonghen
    16 - Kieran Trippier
    27 - Kevin Wimmer
    33 - Ben Davies
    38 - Cameron Carter-Vickers
    Midfielders

12 - Victor Wanyama
    14 - Georges-Kevin N'Koudou
    15 - Eric Dier
    17 - Moussa Sissoko 19 - Mousa Dembele
    20 - Dele Alli
    23 - Christian Eriksen
    25 - Joshua Onomah
    28 - Tom Carroll
    29 - Harry Winks
    Forwards

7 - Heung-Min Son
    9 - Vincent Janssen
    17 - Moussa Sissoko
    19 - Mousa Dembele
    20 - Dele Alli
    23 - Christian Eriksen
    25 - Joshua Onomah
    28 - Tom Carroll
    29 - Harry Winks
    Forwards

7 - Heung-Min Son
    9 - Vincent Janssen
    10 - Harry Kane
    11 - Erik Lamela

Manager

Mauricio Pochettino

Out on loan

Federico Fazio
    Clinton N'Jie
    Nabil Bentaleb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There's a league winning team there for sure.

I've a feeling Walker and/or Rose will be off to City in the summer though. Either would be a big loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They can be talked about in the general premierleague thread, they have never had an interest in the main forum and personally I have no interest in them these days. Would find it hilarious though of course if they did decide they wanted to be part of the forum these days when things seem to be looking up.

You want to live in a bubble/echo chamber? Grand, no need for a team thread any more then there is a need for any team who don't have a fanbase interested in discussion with opposing fans though.

Of course, I am under no obligation to contribute to this thread, and I won't beyond this, giving my opinion on the matter.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

There are plenty of Spurs fans out there who are not part of that other forum. If they see a thread here they might join up. I find it interesting to read these types of threads from time to time. They are great for keeping up with the news about the club too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Spurs weirdly feel like a Football Manager team where they bought well touted young players from Europe at the time like Erikson & Lamela, a couple of already established european stars like Lloris brought in and developed home grown talent like Dele Alli, Kane and the fullbacks, then through having a well run club it would seem they were able to keep them all together as they started to achieve their potential.

The best thing Spurs can do is try to sign their current crop up long term if they could do that again and still make some additions in the Summer next season I might actually think of them as contenders before the season starts. As for at the moment I think Chelsea will bounce back and not drop too many more points and as a result win out but Spurs are impressing and will be in the CL again next season no matter what.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've a fantastic young squad, with a very good manager, and a new stadium on the way. It's definitely a great time to be a Spurs fan.

The two biggest issues we have are holding onto Pochettino, and holding onto the current crop of youngsters as we simply can't compete with the likes of City, Chelsea and United on wages. At least not yet, and probably not for a long while yet. The increased revenue from the stadium will help, but we need a few years in a row in the CL to keep us on track. If we can do that, there's very little we need to do to strengthen, bar either buy a 2nd striker who can score (or hope Jansen kicks off from his first goal).

Also, as to the "you have a forum, you should stay there" mentality, i think that's crap to be honest. I use the forum because it's there and there are plenty of like minded fans, but I'd happily post here if the forum wasn't a thing. I enjoy talking with opposition fans, as you want to be able to have some friendly banter with other teams. When there are match threads with Spurs in it, i'll always keep an eye on both of them. I'm usually on the mobile when watching a game though, so will only ever post in one.

The rare times we get any non-Spurs fans in the forum, it's 50/50 if they'll be just there to troll us or actually talk about football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This thread is more a sign of them finally regaining relevancy than anything else :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Spurs weirdly feel like a Football Manager team where they bought well touted young players from Europe at the time like Erikson & Lamela, a couple of already established european stars like Lloris brought in and developed home grown talent like Dele Alli, Kane and the fullbacks, then through having a well run club it would seem they were able to keep them all together as they started to achieve their potential.

The best thing Spurs can do is try to sign their current crop up long term if they could do that again and still make some additions in the Summer next season I might actually think of them as contenders before the season starts. As for at the moment I think Chelsea will bounce back and not drop too many more points and as a result win out but Spurs are impressing and will be in the CL again next season no matter what.

They bought in Dele Alli after he already played 60 odd games for MK Dons

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They bought in Dele Alli after he already played 60 odd games for MK Dons

And he's developed massively since he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kiith wrote: »
    And he's developed massively since he joined.

I would call developing young talent is those who come through your youth teams not players bought from lower league teams who has played almost 2 seasons already.

MK Dons did more development for him than Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I would call developing young talent is those who come through your youth teams not players bought from lower league teams who has played almost 2 seasons already.

MK Dons did more development for him than Spurs

In fairness he did say 'brought in and developed home grown talent' which is pretty accurate. He has developed since he's been there, it doesn't mean it's the only developing he's ever done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

They can be talked about in the general premierleague thread, they have never had an interest in the main forum and personally I have no interest in them these days. Would find it hilarious though of course if they did decide they wanted to be part of the forum these days when things seem to be looking up.

You want to live in a bubble/echo chamber? Grand, no need for a team thread any more then there is a need for any team who don't have a fanbase interested in discussion with opposing fans though.

Of course, I am under no obligation to contribute to this thread, and I won't beyond this, giving my opinion on the matter.

Jealous/bitter much...!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I am a Spurs supporter, but wont be back, as this thread is just a place for all the trolls to gather.....

COYS ....... "Bein a yid, being a yid ......."

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Kiith wrote: »
    We've a fantastic young squad, with a very good manager, and a new stadium on the way. It's definitely a great time to be a Spurs fan.

The two biggest issues we have are holding onto Pochettino, and holding onto the current crop of youngsters as we simply can't compete with the likes of City, Chelsea and United on wages. At least not yet, and probably not for a long while yet. The increased revenue from the stadium will help.

Now excuse my ignorance, but won't the cost of the stadium be a hindrance and be a third big issue going forward? There will be increased match day revenue, but the stadium will have to be paid for. So won't this for the time being hinder you even more in the transfer market? Also if massive bids come in for your top players, it would become even more difficult to turn down, due to the massive payments due for building the stadium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Now excuse my ignorance, but won't the cost of the stadium be a hindrance and be a third big issue going forward? There will be increased match day revenue, but the stadium will have to be paid for. So won't this for the time being hinder you even more in the transfer market? Also if massive bids come in for your top players, it would become even more difficult to turn down, due to the massive payments due for building the stadium?

The TV money is worth nearly 4 or 5 times a year what it was when Arsenal were building the Emirates, that alone is worth nearly 90m a year for every club.

I think Spurs and any team building now will be ok and wont be so hamstrung with debt like Arsenal were.

I'm also not sure where the players could go, Spurs wont or will at best, try and refuse any money from other PL sides for their talent as theyre right now in a very good position to be on eo fthe best sides in the league, they dont have to sell to a rival unless its on their terms.

Advertisement