Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for a room in a house in Kilkenny???

Options
  • 18-04-2017 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me what is the current rate being charged for a room in Kilkenny?? Single person.

The house I'm looking at the moment is a large detached house on 1/2 acre close to St. Lukes hospital, 5 minutes walk away at most.
    It is a large private room with double bed, fitted wardrobe, large chest of draws, wi-fi, Sat TV connection. En-suite with WC, wash hand basin, and large electric shower.
    Shared cooking, washing machine & tumble dryer. Heating and electric inclusive.
    It's a well maintained and clean house.
    Live-in owners, an elderly couple and I'd be the only person to have a room rented out.

Is 200 a week too much to pay??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

200 sounds mental or KIlkenny (or even Dublin really).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

clivej wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what is the current rate being charged for a room in Kilkenny?? Single person.

The house I'm looking at the moment is a large detached house on 1/2 acre close to St. Lukes hospital, 5 minutes walk away at most.
    It is a large private room with double bed, fitted wardrobe, large chest of draws, wi-fi, Sat TV connection. En-suite with WC, wash hand basin, and large electric shower.
    Shared cooking, washing machine & tumble dryer. Heating and electric inclusive.
    It's a well maintained and clean house.
    Live-in owners, an elderly couple and I'd be the only person to have a room rented out.

Is 200 a week too much to pay??

Generally to rent a room in kilkenny you would be looking at between 250 to 400 a month in a house share.

So 200 a week sounds very expensive! Does that even include all bills? If so its a bit better but still not great value.

In my view it might be ok for a short term arrangement but if you're going to be living here for a few months you'd be better off checking your options on daft -> http://www.daft.ie/kilkenny/rooms-to-share/kilkenny/?s%5Broom_type%5D=either&s%5Badvanced%5D=1&s%5Bgender%5D=on&searchSource=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MouldyApple

There is someone looking to share their apartment on kilkenny things for sale facebook for 450 pm and it includes bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

road_high wrote: »
    200 sounds mental or KIlkenny (or even Dublin really).

Possibly a missprint but yeah lately some people are delusional in what they believe their real estate is worth. Same in most midlands areas.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

An obvious point but don't forget that there are more than 4 weeks in a month, a lot of people make the mistake of thinking €200 a week is €800 a month when it's really €867

• Advertisement
Advertisement