Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payback PPV *Raw & Smackdown Spoilers*

• 18-04-2017 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Sunday 30th April from San Jose, California

Matches announced so far:

Randy Orton (c) v Bray Wyatt (House of Horrors Match)

Kevin Owens (c) v Chris Jericho

Roman Reigns v Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins v Samoa Joe

The Hardys (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

Neville (c) v Austin Aries

Bayley (c) v Alexa Bliss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

paulie21 wrote: »
    Sunday 30th April from San Jose, California

Matches announced so far:

Randy Orton (c) v Bray Wyatt (House of Horrors Match)

Kevin Owens (c) v Chris Jericho

Roman Reigns v Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins v Samoa Joe

The Hardys (c) v Cesaro & Sheamus

Neville (c) v Austin Aries

Bayley (c) v Alexa Bliss

Lol, nothing could make me sit through that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lol, nothing could make me sit through that.

Maybe it will be a return to the compound for the house of horrors match, Matt Hardy can be a creative consultant on the match. Most likely gonna be poor though and Bray will of course lose while Orton will meander foward to his next challenger. Maybe they can build to someone like Nakamura at Summerslam if AJ & Owens are going to be in the US title scene for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe it will be a return to the compound for the house of horrors match, Matt Hardy can be a creative consultant on the match. Most likely gonna be poor though and Bray will of course lose while Orton will meander foward to his next challenger. Maybe they can build to someone like Nakamura at Summerslam if AJ & Owens are going to be in the US title scene for a while.

Maybe Finn dressed as the Demon will appear and cost Bray Wyatt the match

Orton vs Styles is touted for Summerslam i think

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If the "House Of Horrors" match is anything like that match Jericho & Ambrose had, then that's the rain check match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Give me the chamber of horrors over the house of horrors any day.

• Advertisement

Obv as Brock is not contracted to appear at Payback than they had no choice but too add a SmackDown world title match to the ppv

The world title picture at the min is a bit of a mess

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Obv as Brock is not contracted to appear at Payback than they had no choice but too add a SmackDown world title match to the ppv

Two Smackdown title matches; Orton and Owens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does the 30 day rule not apply to Brock as Raw's world champ :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do you want to be the one to tell him he has to relinquish the title? :)

The 30 day rule only seems to apply when someone is injured or if it's convenient for a storyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

So basically what that's saying is we want Bray to go over to make him look strong going into his feud with Finn but we want Orton and the belt to remain on Smackdown. Can see Minded and the Bollywood Boyz getting involved costing Orton the match to make their feud more interesting.

So basically what that's saying is we want Bray to go over to make him look strong going into his feud with Finn but we want Orton and the belt to remain on Smackdown. Can see Minded and the Bollywood Boyz getting involved costing Orton the match to make their feud more interesting.

no i want the demon finn balor to appear and cost wyatt the match but i can see the indian (think there actually canadian) lads costing orton the match

Im not sure does Finn even remember Bray Wyatt challenging him because he was half out of it at that stage lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Finn got a fairly lucky win against Curt Hawkins on Monday, so I'd really like to see them go into a best of 7 series to determine who the better man is. That one could go all the way to SummerSlam if they built it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

no i want the demon finn balor to appear and cost wyatt the match

Why would Finn, a face, logically interfere in this match? Dont get your hopes up on that one buddy :pac:

So this is tonight

Can't see anything major happening unless wwe are messing with us and y2j actually wins the us title but then loses it on raw or SD next week

Can't see Reigns losing either but if Strowman is going to be no 1 contender at gbof there going to have to make him look strong also

Wud love to the see the demon balor cosy bray wyatt the match vs Orton but they might be going with miz vs balor going by the kick off show

Wonder will we see the ceasro/sheamus heel turn after Harydz beat them and they try and shake there hands

Good to have a ppv on for the long weekend

Completely slipped my mind that this was on tonight/tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm half debating staying up for this. There's nothing I really am dying to see on, but I might just. For old times sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'll probably watch it, and more than likely fall asleep half way through. They'll probably have a couple of turns or screwy finishes just because it all looks a bit predictable. Sasha to cost Bayley the title is my prediction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The card is good.

Just feels second rate a few weeks after Mania as that heavily featured so many part timers who are not there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rematches to cold Mania matches that nobody asked for & you haven't built up effectively doesn't drum up much interest. Even on Smackdown Owens & Orton are already in their next feud.
    Joe vs Rollins has been flat too. The Kingslayer is incredibly dull & I haven't openly looked forward to a Samoa Joe match since 2007, sorry but he's well past his best imo.
    Braun vs Reigns could be a good brawl but this show is a B show they hope will over deliver.

• Advertisement

Only tuned in a few mins ago entertaining enough segment but I really don't want to see Balor vs Lesner but doubt it will happen yet prob be miz vs balor or wyatt vs balor

A million potential angles for Finn at once, Vs Wyatt, Vs The Miz, Vs Brock, hooking up with the rest of the Club. Speaking of whom were they on the pre-show already vs Enzo & Cass? I didn't watch anything prior to Miz TV

A million potential angles for Finn at once, Vs Wyatt, Vs The Miz, Vs Brock, hooking up with the rest of the Club. Speaking of whom were they on the pre-show already vs Enzo & Cass? I didn't watch anything prior to Miz TV

Yeah The Good Brothers were already in action.

?????

Shocking

Well that was unexpected Y2J takes the title to Smackdown before going to Fozzyland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Absolute classic with Jericho and the kid with the list.

He really is the GOAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wasn't expecting that at all

So is owens still on sd

Well that was unexpected Y2J takes the title to Smackdown before going to Fozzyland

Will prob lose it on Tuesday night and maybe kayfabe injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was kind of smart. We know he's dropping the title on Tuesday now so people will tune in to see how that goes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Fairly stiff kick by Sheamus on Jeff there

Advertisement