Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payback PPV *Raw & Smackdown Spoilers*

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Or Jinder Mahal wins all the belts...

Weirdly, I am ok with this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Isn't AJ number one contender? He could take it from Y2J on Tuesday and Owens comes out, assaults Jericho sending him off on tour. AJ runs back to fend off Owens and you've got your match for Backlash and full on face turn for AJ.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

End of Joe and Rollins looked bad. Maybe it was on purpose so the ref can be blaimed and set up a rematch?

House of horrors was awful ****e.

Poor Finn, could they not write something good for him to say? They make babyfaces look like 'dweebs'.

He could have said Maryse can join the Balor Club, get her to smile and wind Miz up. When Miz says he failed he should have said yeah, his shoulder failed him but he still won the championship. At least him saying Miz wasnt worth it was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Weirdly, I am ok with this :P

At this stage I'd rather have jinder with the title than orton

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What an absolutely awful feud Orton & Wyatt has been.
    From the terrible main event at No Mercy, the indoctrination of Randy with the goosebumps dog eyes bit, a pointless tag title reign followed by Orton winning the Rumble, forfeiting it after Bray won the WWE Title at the Chamber, then he burns down the compound in a segment that was more funny than any New Day skit ever & wanted his title shot again. Cue another utterly worthless title run when he beats Bray after the projections produce yet more unintentional humour.
    Oh wait there's more, then we get a title rematch that is changed after Bray gets moved to Raw & they hope people forget it was. The match itself was a joke. Ghost tractors, fridge spots, dolls hanging from the ceiling & a random limo like wcw in 2000 I guess.
    Both of them come out of it looking worse than before the opposite of what the aim for any storyline is. An utter sh!tshow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Apparently there were a lot of "boring" chants during the House of Horrors match. Understandable when you go to a live event and still end up watching the match on tv.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158537610365517&id=816110516&_rdr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

DM_7 wrote: »
    End of Joe and Rollins looked bad. Maybe it was on purpose so the ref can be blaimed and set up a rematch?

House of horrors was awful ****e.

Poor Finn, could they not write something good for him to say? They make babyfaces look like 'dweebs'.

He could have said Maryse can join the Balor Club, get her to smile and wind Miz up. When Miz says he failed he should have said yeah, his shoulder failed him but he still won the championship. At least him saying Miz wasnt worth it was decent.

He did say something about his injuries and still carrying on to win the title and "if that's failure then yeah". I thought he came off well enough to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The backwards tractor was the highlight of the ppv for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ricero wrote: »
    The backwards tractor was the highlight of the ppv for me

Up there with dilapidated boat for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

sky88 wrote: »
    Up there with dilapidated boat for me

Where was the boat :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

oneilla wrote: »
    Where was the boat :confused:

It's a reference to Broken Matt Hardy's dilapadated boat from when he was in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

DM_7 wrote: »

Apparently Rollins vs Joe is advertised for Raw tonight. Could be a dark match I suppose but considering Extreme Rules is 6 weeks away it will be hard to keep this feud going without more matches in between.

Didn't really see the sense in Rollins winning in that way. Have Joe beat Rollins using the knee injury as a way of protecting Seth. Seth can win the feud at Extreme Rules.

I do wonder how much longer we will have Rollins matches consisting of his opponent working on his knee? It's becoming boring and is limiting what he can do in the ring as a result of having to sell the knee.

Pentecost wrote: »
    He did say something about his injuries and still carrying on to win the title and "if that's failure then yeah". I thought he came off well enough to be honest.

He did, I meant that i wanted him to talk about it more, talk about the shoulder injury, maybe hint at remembering who did it to him, talk more about the recovery, determination it put in him to be back and silence loudmouths like Miz. Just really talk more, he had the crowd behind him, a good foe so give h a chance to get more comfortable talking.

Its also a general complaint, WWE normally give faces little to say while the heels get to talk more and show some personality.

Forgot to day, I really liked Sheamus and Cesaro going bad. I would like Cesaro to go into real heel mode now, drop some of the flashy and fan happy spots like flying upper cuts and swings. Go back to more power moves mixed with nasty looking holds and strikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Bayley losing will probably do more for her in the long run than winning. It's bad that Bliss, when she's playing a little bitch so well, is getting cheered in favour of Bayley the ultimate baby face.

Never mind Roman harshly getting booed out of the building, if it happened to Bayley it'd be brutal. :P Better to keep her down in the eyes of the fans than ruin her like they did with Roman.

They can go back to the drawing board with Bayley now. Bayley will always have her likeability factor no matter what but they need to help her get beyond the naive schmuck personality they have given her.

Ironically enough they better be careful with Bliss as well because there's starting to be a whiff of supergirl off of her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Man, I smiled the whole way through the House of Horror match. Cos it was so cheesy.

First Randy landing in a limo. Topless. In dress pants.

From the reversing tractor to the kitchen with the perfect frying pan (I was sure that Randy was gonna paddle Bray across the arse with it at one stage), to the crap horror music, and camera cuts - pure cheese. Did Randy thumb a lift back to the arena?

Bliss looked great tonight. Transition into the DDT for the win was awesome. Plus, obligatory "dat ass tho"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So when was the last time someone actually tapped out to the Walls of Jericho before last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

^^^Thwack Thwagger at Roadblock 16

Braun is doing a wonderful job, he's really good. Especially seeing how short of a time he's been in the business.

Id have preferred to see him retire Taker.

In fairness to Roman, he did a great job selling the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So when was the last time someone actually tapped out to the Walls of Jericho before last night?

I was just thinking when he got Owens in the walls that the move has become so pointless, because nobody taps to it any more. Que Owens tapping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did Randy thumb a lift back to the arena?

He took the backwards tractor, natch!

• Advertisement
Advertisement