Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discounted Apple Watches

Options
  • 18-04-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen any? I've noticed Apple sell refurbs in the US but not in the UK or Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

dubmick wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any? I've noticed Apple sell refurbs in the US but not in the UK or Ireland.

They're the iBood deal of the day today for €279.95

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cheaper in CompuB, EOL Apple Watch 42mm starting at €269.

https://www.compub.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=EOL&screensize=83

I'd really strongly advise against buying the original Apple watch now. I've had one from day one, they're great, but they were slow then, they sped up a little with watchOS 3, they've gotten slow again, watchOS 4 will be announced in June, shipped in late September. I shudder to think what watchOS 4 will be like on original Apple Watch hardware.

Stretch for a Apple Watch Series 1 if you can, it has everything the top of the line model has except GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Stretch for a Apple Watch Series 1 if you can, it has everything the top of the line model has except GPS.

The AW1 also lack the 50m water resistance. While we're discussing cheap watches, have any of ye bought any aftermarket straps? Any brands to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Common misconception. There is a raft of differences, most notably screen brightness (450 v 1000 nits). Also waterproofing (splash proof v swim proof) and material used on the back of the watch (composite v ceramic).

I would highly recommend stumping for the S2 if you intend on using the watch daily for 3yrs+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Notorious wrote: »
    The AW1 also lack the 50m water resistance. While we're discussing cheap watches, have any of ye bought any aftermarket straps? Any brands to go for?

Got an Amazon nylon one for about €15. Not quite Apple quality but certainly not one quarter the product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement