Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maltese Wine

Options
  • 18-04-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could source some Maltese wines in Dublin, or delivered to Dublin. Not a wine drinker but found Maltese wine quite easy to drink while there.
    Post edited by irish_goat on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,581 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I've never seen any here... this article suggests their output is small enough that it's almost all for domestic market consumption.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/dining/maltese-wines-are-a-long-way-from-the-wine-shop.html?_r=0

I wonder if Sicilian wines might be the closest match?
    O'Briens would have a good selection of wines from Sicily such as the Il Padrino range of Nero dAvolo red and Grillo white.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Theres a big link between being on hols and finding wines easy to drink :) I love vinho verde when I'm in Portugal or Greco di Tufo in Italy, but they just wouldn't translate the same here.

TBH, I've never seen Maltese wine on the shelves here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Northpole

i like Maltese wines

just order it from Malta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement