Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does amazon prime work in Ireland?

Options
  • 18-04-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a months free trial of amazon prime and downloaded the prime video app on my ipad Air.

When I try and download anything on my ipad via prime, I get an error 4062.

I emailed customer service to see what this error is but I have a funny feeling its because I am not in the UK.

Any ideas, anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cardshark

It doesn't work unfortunately.

You will be able to watch the content that Amazon have made, have a look for "Watch while abroad". You won't be able to download anything though.

primevideo.com is something you can use in Ireland but the content is very limited at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

Oh what a shocker! Thanks for the reply cardshark. This country sometimes....grrrrrrrrrr. Back to the drawing board.

Well, you can still make use of the trial for the Amazon content which is very good!

Although maybe you just wanted if for offline viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

So how exactly do I 'see' the Amazon content within prime vid?

I did want it for watching offline when I have no decent wifi connection. Off on hols with the kids on Thursday...want some peace and quiet when we are away!

It should say "TV to Watch While Abroad" somewhere on the main page.

Or have a look on the Amazon.co.uk website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I got the Amazon prime for the free month, there's really no free delivery for ROI but if you use Parcel Motel delivery it is very fast.

I have a Firestick and the selection is very poor for the ROI, I also have a VPN with a UK IP and I still think the selection isn't great.

Amazon music I never used it but it says there's 40 million songs

Borrow Books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, waste of time to me.

Overall it's not worth the money in Ireland.

Advertisement