Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Finnish baby box?

Options
  • 18-04-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get one? I've heard of them being given out for free in some places. I Googled and found a Canadian site and US site where people could register for free ones but nothing Irish. I've heard that they are being given out for free in Wexford and previously in Limerick. There's a link to irishbabybox.ie but they start at 59.99 to buy. Is this going to be a nationwide thing? Lovely to be able to get a free one. We love the freebies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not available for free only in certain maternity hospitals.

Lidl do a small box similar to the eu mom pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lumina

73trix wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get one? I've heard of them being given out for free in some places. I Googled and found a Canadian site and US site where people could register for free ones but nothing Irish. I've heard that they are being given out for free in Wexford and previously in Limerick. There's a link to irishbabybox.ie but they start at 59.99 to buy. Is this going to be a nationwide thing? Lovely to be able to get a free one. We love the freebies!

I understand it's a very slow trial and rollout across the country. We'll be getting one down the South East here but aren't too excited about it. We already have a crib and bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Lumina wrote: »
    I understand it's a very slow trial and rollout across the country. We'll be getting one down the South East here but aren't too excited about it. We already have a crib and bits and bobs.

Would be curious as my first hated the moses basket for whatever reason. So we have one but...

They all hate it imo would prefer to sleep with mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

January wrote: »
    They all hate it imo would prefer to sleep with mammy.

He ended up sleeping with mammy for first 8 wks with daddy evicted, then into big cot. Daddy is outright against Co sleeping this time after hearing tragic story. I'm not going to be the one who insists on something he considers risky. But it worked so well..... :-/

• Advertisement

How about a co-sleeper cot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

https://www.herfamily.ie/parenthood/second-irish-county-launch-baby-box-programme-263905

I too read about this today. It seems you must complete an online course and be attending one of the named hospitals.

Advertisement