Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

contact hours first year arts degree

• 18-04-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

just wondering if any body has a rough idea of the ammount of lecture hours you cazn expect to do in year one of an arts degree at nui (english/classics/philos)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

around 20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Second the 20

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

10-15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

bakerlite wrote: »
    just wondering if any body has a rough idea of the ammount of lecture hours you cazn expect to do in year one of an arts degree at nui (english/classics/philos)
    thanks
    About 15 hours max.
    Newport81 wrote: »
    around 20
    It isnt near 20 hours. wasnt that when it was 4 subjects as most you would have had then was maybe 17/18 hours.

About 15 hours max.

It isnt near 20 hours. wasnt that when it was 4 subjects as most you would have had then was maybe 17/18 hours.

Well taking everything into account like tutorials its up closer to 20, maybe depends on your subjects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

irishman86 wrote: »
    Well taking everything into account like tutorials its up closer to 20, maybe depends on your subjects
    With 3 subjects no it wont. It will be 15 hours or so. Do you really see people having 6 hours per subject of class contact be that lectures/tutorials? 5 hours is 2 3 hours of lectures plus 2 of seminars/tutorials.

With 3 subjects no it wont. It will be 15 hours or so. Do you really see people having 6 hours per subject of class contact be that lectures/tutorials? 5 hours is 2 3 hours of lectures plus 2 of seminars/tutorials.

I just counted my first year hours and it totaled exactly 20
    3 on monday
    5 on tuesday
    5 on wednesday
    4 on thursday
    3 on friday
    I presume not every one is as long, I had a language
    I only had 3 subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bakerlite

Brilliant Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 meganlars123

English this year was 4 hours, think classics was 5-6 and philosophy is about 6 too. Its very little. In second year, eng is 6 hours but your other subject will likely be the same too.

English this year was 4 hours, think classics was 5-6 and philosophy is about 6 too. Its very little. In second year, eng is 6 hours but your other subject will likely be the same too.

Usually its the tutorials that bump it up towards 20 when everything is taken into account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 meganlars123

irishman86 wrote: »
    Usually its the tutorials that bump it up towards 20 when everything is taken into account

These were my hours including tutorials for English and classics this year, I didn't do philosophy but my friends did and they had about those hours :p

Advertisement